Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New Vegas Owner
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 02:16 AM   #8
timp410

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
When I removed the dog house and added more insulation, I also put some insulation in the engine compartment against the firewall and under the table. While I was in the engine compartment, working in the area under the table, I noticed that the frame that holds up the windshield is hollow and open at the bottom. If it is open at the top (can't believe they would have closed it) that allows the engine noise and heat to flow up this big tube to the ceiling area. I built two plugs out of scraps of insulation and closed off the two holes. Will see if it makes any difference or not.
After reading your post, I went out and stuffed some insulation in Both of those hollow tubes and sealed the bottom of the whole area with the same insulation I used for the dog house and it made a tremendous difference in the noise. My wife could not believe how much difference it made. Thank you for pointing out this area of intrusion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum