Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 04:10 AM   #31
BWare

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Windsport 31S

We purchased a new '16 Windsport 31S after driving Fleetwood 34' Bounds for 28 years. We like the downsize, but there were some issues. We neglected to drive the new coach before departing the dealer, in FL. My BAD. Hadn't driven it 30 miles and realized the "scream" from the front was not normal. Drove it right back to the dealer, they caulked the front of the pax side window, to no avail. I ended up taking it to Wakarusa, IN to the repair facility, after CW in Nashville couldn't locate an "air leak". Thor folks there were very good to us as the technician found several items that the dealer in FL had not, but not the scream. Friends on a caravan related that they had experienced the same "scream" on a previous coach and inadvertently unlocked a front side window, and the scream stopped. "Wish I had known that several thousand miles before". It worked.
I've added a "steer safe" to the front and it works great. I've learned that the black holding tank contains the toilet and the sink water. The gray tank contains the shower and kitchen sink water, Yes, the indicators for the holding tanks aren't very reliable, especially the black.
We didn't like the sofa as the longer we sat it in, the more we realized we were soon nearly on our backs, due to the slick fabric. We've since changed to the "theater seats" and really like them, due mainly to the recliner feature. I think that may be an option now.
I love the F 53 V-10. I'm getting a solid 8 mpg at 1950 rpm @65 mph. My previous F53 V-10 got about 8, but 2500 rpm @ 58mph.
I'm very disappointed in the placement of the water pump, behind the kitchen cabinet, on the floor, and noisy.
I recommend you spend at least 3 nights in the dealer's lot to insure everything is working properly. A quick walk around is not enough. The salesman said there was not a remote supplied with the front entertainment system. I called the manufacturer and they sent me one.
I also just dropped (?) a jack pad at our last cg. Thankfully the cg folks called me that the folks in the site next to the one we departed found it and took it to the office. I have it and it's being installed now. All the pads are held on with a lag bolt. I checked the other three and they were not loose, but not ready to come off. I tightened each one. The rough roads jarred the locking pin for the "over the cockpit bed" loose and one came out, so it too is being repaired. I'm not trying to be negative, but just reminding you and myself to be cautious and check some items that can cause headaches, etc. Do not accept the Seiki TVs. They're BAD.
I'm convinced the design engineers do not "live nor work on" their designs.
BruceW
USAF (Ret.)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum