Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New Sway Bars
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
Stan fowler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRacing24 View Post
You'd think for the money of the sway bars they'd at lest supply the FoMoCo factory specs.....

Maybe you can help me ??

Just about ready to replace front tires, shocks & steering damper @ nearly 50k miles with Michelin LTX M/S2 & Bilstein. I have the Ford specs for E-350 front end alignment but door sticker says front end is set to final Coach mfg specs. Do we have that information here ?? Also, I have used Bilstein shocks before (off-road), but never on a "over the road" vehicle. Are they worth twice the money over standard shocks for on-road service ??
I use Bilsteins on my race cars, street cars, and previous motorhomes - in my opinion they are well worth the added expense . In each case I have found the damping spot on, with a good compromise between compliance and control. I work with their race engineers on the race cars, and they have been excellent in giving me custom valving. I will soon have Bilsteins on my Vegas...

Btw- start with the Ford specs, but you may want to add some addn'l caster for stability...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum