Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #27
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Do you realize that not all RVs operate on 12 Volt systems?

Another example of why energy content of batteries should be measured and expressed in units of measure that actually represent energy.

When Tesla says a car has 85 kWh of battery capacity, I don't need to know what its voltage or Amp-hour capacity is. It's simpler that way in my opinion.

When Trojan rates a deep-cycle battery at 1.5 kWh, that says a lot about its size to me if comparing to other batteries.
Chance,
You commented about the rigs being 12 volt systems when the suggestion was made about six volt batteries. People that DO install the six volt batteries, I am one of them, wouldn't do it if they didn't work. To make them work they are wired "in series" instead of "parallel" connections. But, good six volt, even good 12 volt deep cycle batteries that will actually last, are not cheap. Case in point, the batteries that came on our not even two year old Axis had to be replaced.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum