Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #10
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Where do you live in Michigan?
(It's got to be in the midst of a big population center...)
I'm out here in the "Boonies". The combination of mountainous terrain and nothing that remotely resembles a charging station, is what keeps me happy with my dinosaur-powered vehicles.
Well I'm in between Detroit and Ann Arbor. Sure there is a AAA about 3 miles from my house with a charger (not that that matters because I have a charger at the house). That was the thing with the EV though: It was for commuting: Its range was longer than my daily commute. I'd leave in the morning with a full charge and plug it in when I got home; the next morning it'd be full again..For 3 years I only went to a gas station to fill up the RV (or to fill up the wife's car)

Sure I'm aware that there is a big country out there with no chargers. Heck just "up north" here in MI and you're in plugless land I always wanted to take the EV up there behind the motorhome as I do have an charger I can plug into the 50A plugs at campgrounds to charge up the EV, or PHEV. (Never got to with the EV, but have taken the C-Max all over the place and charged it up in campgrounds).

C-Max charging:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0454s.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	7849
The EV camping (and charging)--yeah a Focus Electric:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cmp1.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	7850
This was before I had the 50A charger so it was using just 120V. The C-Max is using the 50A charger in the other pic, however. In this pic the charger is sitting on the picnic table.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.