Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #30
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
This is a picture of my MTI 6x10 enclosed trailer with rear ramp. I painted the walls and floor, mounted the spare inside along with air tank and toolbox. I used a PitBull motorcycle restraint system which means no tie downs, easy to use and much better on suspension. Enclosed is the only way to truly protect your toy, plus you have the advantage of taking extra anything.

Attachment 7861
Good morning! Have you put this system to 'the test' ? I showed your post to Ron...he has the front chock and has ALWAYS USED tie downs for 50yrs of hauling his bikes...big, small and race bikes...
A good example ..most recently, when we went to Colorado for 4th of July ..we were in construction..and our Axis and trailer were hitting drop-offs from the asphalt road, chuck holes, extremely rough..for about 15 miles...all at less than 20 mph, with the rest of traffic...
His point being...he would not trust chocks only to hold the bike in place...again...I have always said...'each to his own' ... but, he felt it important to remind you of the pitfalls out there! better safe than sorry, he sez ... and as he walked out the door, he said...'that doesn't mean you can't get into something where nothing is going to protect that baby in the trailer'
and...on another note...when he uses his hitchmount rack for the Dual Sport, you should see the elaborate tiedown system he has for that toy ! When he has the bike hanging off the rear of the Axis, we have the camera on for the duration...and he is constantly checking the tiedowns, when we stop or even if we don't have a need to stop..he will stop to stretch his legs and check the bike. Just can't be too careful !

...we are OLD...Ron has been racing (many yrs ago) and riding for 60 yrs..he is OLD SCHOOL... It will be interesting to read about this Pit Bull ... hmmm

Safe travels and happy camping !!!

Ron and Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum