Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #43
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
I've been trailering motorcycles since the mid-80s and Gold Wings since the early 90s and have pulled them for over 50,000 miles. I have never had a problem with any of my bikes being damaged during the towing process. I use a Condor chock, which is easy to load and unload and holds the bike very securely until I get the four tie-downs tightened. The Condor doesn't require that you cinch down the bike in the front much, so the suspension isn't stressed.

When beginning a trip I check the bike after the first few miles and then check it at almost every stop thereafter.

I remove the side covers on my 2008 Wing and attach two soft straps to the frame, and then ratchet tie downs to the soft straps. The straps can remain under the side covers permanently.

The only damage that I've had to the Wing was when the ramp on the toy hauler was too steep and I damaged the coolant recovery tank, which is in a very vulnerable location under the wing. I repaired the tank but it began leaking, until it completely drained out, and it's been empty for the past several years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum