Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 05:18 PM   #45
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
LOL! Chance is trying hard to keep this on topic.

Sorry about that Chance.

With a 3kW inverter/charger you'd have to have one of those high efficiency A/C's; not the standard clunkers that's on all the Thors though. That may increase the cost simply because I'm sure the clunkers are far less expensive than the more efficient ones.

I would love a system such as that in our Axis: No only does not having a genny mean less noise when you need 120V it also means there is no associated CO risk. Our usage would be similar to yours: We wouldn't need a very large battery bank as we're only boondocking while traveling and overnighting somewhere en route.
Not at all. The car stuff interest me also. As I said a while back, my cousin's Tesla with five adults was the fastest car I've ever been in as far as acceleration, and that included Chevy SS 396 and Mustang 428 Cobra Jet. The Tesla would have smoked them.

Specs on the Xantrex system will be coming out next week during national RV show, which I'm looking forward to see in detail, but the Coachmen ad shows the inverter/charger model. It is rated at 3,000 watts, but can surge to 6,000 watts. If A/C is already running, it should be no problem starting and running an additional 1,500 watts or so for microwave, coffee maker, or hair dryer. And that's without going over the actual rating. The potential is huge if Xantrex can integrate this system to make it reliable while still affordable.

Regarding A/C, yeah, I think they should all be Power Savers or similar. For an Axis I'd prefer two 11,000 BTU/hr units so that front could be run during the day while driving, and rear in bedroom at night off batteries while boondocking.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum