Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #22
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Right but your use case is a little different: Since you're renting there you kind of are looking around because it isn't your camper so you are doing extra checks.

If it was your camper you may give it a once over at the beginning of the season and then not think twice about anything. Why would you/us? It worked before and no one else has touched it.
May be unusual, but I check my own equipment a lot more than rentals. I have the attitude that the cost premium I pay should include the rental company looking after their property (don't rent from private individuals), and that I shouldn't have to. I mostly check items that could affect my safety, like tires. We also camp/travel year round so it's an ongoing process.

The plug problem I had was with last unit I rented -- haven't been renting as much lately because my parents can't travel with us any longer. When it's just the two of us we prefer the smaller van so no need to rent a MH or a trailer.

I was lucky to have been carrying my own 30-Amp extension from van so was able to rig a temporary fix to get us home. Since that incident is when I started checking plugs a few times a year. I don't obsess about it though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum