Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #1
RobbieH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1532
Window Shade Brackets

Does anyone know where to get these window brackets as I have attached in the pictures? I have had several of these break, and need new ones. Currently, I have my shades tied up with welding wire.

While I had it all apart, I noticed that these day/night shades are very heavy. The shade over my dining unit is about 4-5' long and held up with just two of these brackets. Even when they are not broken, the shade bends even when sitting still. Also, I noted each bracket is held in by only one screw, and since the screws are simply run into the wallboard, they are stripped and really not doing much. I resolved this by putting in three screws with proper anchors, but I want to put more than two brackets on the heavy blinds, so I'll need extras when I replace the broken ones.

I don't know why the lack of quality continues to surprise me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shade1.JPG
Views:	672
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shade2.JPG
Views:	599
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	363  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum