Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #2369
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
We’ve been in the MH over 8 weeks now still waiting to close on our new house. (That’s a whole other story). One of the biggest and most annoying problem we continue to have is the poor design of the toilet and “shelf” which tends to trap solids and toilet paper eventually causing a clog. A water hose, spray nozzle, and lots of water will eventually move the clog off the “shelf”, a nasty job which I’ve had to do numerous times.

I’ve tried adjusting the level of the coach tilting it to the right side hoping this would facilitate draining, this had limited success. Tried flushing the toilet first then “doing business” hoping water on the shelf would help, no luck with this either. Finally gave up, when the toilet plugs out comes the water hose and sprayer, this works but requires a lot of water and time. The “shelf” extends past the edges of the toilet pipe and the the sprayer can’t get to those areas.

Necessity being the mother of invention has led me to the invention of the “SuperD S**t Stick”. Using some scrap pvc and connections I had with me, I glued together and assembled a sprayer that I can insert thru the toilet opening and clean out clogs. With the 90 degree on the end I can swivel the spray around to reach all the corners of the “shelf”.

This is still a nasty job, and shouldn’t have to be done, but the “SuperD S**t Stick” does make it a little easier. Thor execs should have to do this a few times, might make them a little more critical of their s**ty engineers. (pun intended)

Click image for larger version

Name:	18F4DDBA-6F36-4F1E-B3C5-81A8AA42A70B.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	7947

Name:	EFC35E69-34C3-483E-9495-8A6903471EFF.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	7948

Name:	6FB5D74A-E092-485F-BF0D-9990F60A6056.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	7949

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum