Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 08:33 AM   #2374
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
SuperD,
Thanx for the info on the air admittance valves. It is really nice that you and practically everyone on this forum are really easy to ask and get info that is really helpful.

I found them exactly where you said they were. They weren't "Floppy" loose, but were not really tight. I removed the one in the bathroom, cleaned the Grease/Sealant off, applied T-tape to it and screwed it in until hand tight. The one in the kitchen, I just screwed on in until hand-tight. I'm hoping this will fix the bathroom odor issue.

It is kinda strange that when dumping the black tank, I hear "Gulping" in the tank, like it doesn't have enough vent to provide a continuous flow. Makes me wonder if the Vent is fully open. Just don't really want to disturb the sealant up top and push something down the vent stack, if I can figure another option. I'd have to remove and re-install the Cyclone vent cap on this stack.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum