Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting, they already had the 24.1 floorplan in the other smaller coaches (like the Compass 24LP). I bet its a marketing thing: trying popular floorplans in other coaches to see if they catch on there.

Comparing the Chateau 25V Class C which is so close to an Axis 24.1 Class A, the one difference that jumps out the most is the difference of $20,000 in MSRP.

Granted the Axis comes with more "standard" features that are "options" on Chateau (larger A/C, TVs, etc.), but it's hard to imagine that these differences add anywhere close to $20k.

Since essentially built on same chassis, and are of same size, it answers the question of how much it cost to build a Class A versus similar Class C. After options and discounts, I'd guess probably in range of $10k or so.

By the way, minor difference is that extra Chateau width makes bathroom layout a little more open. It's a subtle change I missed initially. The shower pan is not covered as much by sink, and toilet is square to wall, not angled like in Axis 24.1. The extra 5 inches of width does make a little difference.

Now if they'd eliminate the slide and reduce price another $5k.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.