Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 03:42 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Not only is it 5" wider its 11" longer.

You can see the width in the space between the rear beds; 5" extra there would make for a lot more room (and a huge king when the beds are made up as one).

Strangely enough they show the shower as 27x27 on both floorplans...I'd make that a little bigger if I had an extra 5"x11". It doesn't look like they made the bathroom any bigger, just the hallway is a little wider (note that the two bathroom doors are of unequal length in the Four Winds).
I think the effective length of the "house" should be similar even though the Axis is shorter by almost a foot. I think this happens because the driver and passenger seats are moved forward almost a foot, leaving driver and passenger much further up above engine.

Specs show same 188" wheelbase, so Chateau/Four Winds Class C may have a little longer rear overhang.

Not that I need an RV that large, but I'm actually interested in seeing the 25V Class C in person. At least it solves one of my concerns with 24.1 -- lack of forward facing seats (hence why I prefer dinette).

In a pinch it also allows bicycles to be stored in overhead bed, which isn't as user friendly as a bike garage but it can work. Plus who knows, maybe the underbed storage compartment in 25V won't be partially cut in half by small drawers between beds, making rear storage more usable.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum