Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 09:55 PM   #2377
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDogMan View Post
On one of the posts about the whistling grills, someone mentioned how vulnerable the front radiator looked to road debris. I got a little concerned when I looked at my grill config. I've noticed that one of the differences between the Hurricane and the Windsport seem to be the grill so this may be a bit specific to a 2018 Hurricane.

I used 1/4 inch grid "hardware cloth" and spray painted it black to make it less visible. This is the same material I used to make my screens for my exhaust vents though the 1/4 inch grid might prove to be a little big to keep wasps out. A 24"" by 5' roll seemed to fit just right for just the grill. I chose the 1/4 in because any larger was a heavier gauge wire that would have been much more difficult to work with and a smaller grid might slightly reduce the wind flow. The screen fit between the hood and the support brackets (with a lot of tedious measurements and cutting) without having to remove the hood. The zip ties went between the fiberglass hood and the chrome grill so they are not visible from the front. It was quite tedious work so took probably about 6 hours.
Nice work. Ive been wanting to do this also. Thanks for the pics

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum