Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 12:27 PM   #10
TheTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
Over the cab bunk mattress replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
Traveler,

Great Idea, hope you don't mind if I steal the design.

As for the mattress, I don't know about the Miramar, but in my Hurricane the mattress is about 2 to 2 1/2 inches thick and queensize. I slept on it with an 1 1/2 thick topper and found it comfortable enough for a few nights.

Wife and I don't plan on using the bed much, but may use the space for storage of some things, not sure what. May get to hot to store wine, but that was a thought for a little bit.

Feel free, I imagine you can improve on the cables design. I’d like to see your end solution. We don’t use it much either, but with a real 6” mattress it makes a nice bed should we need it. Our son sleeps in the bunk area. We’ve taken the top bunk out and stacked it on top of the bottom one, laid a solid platform with an 8” mattress that goes wall to wall in the bunk space. That way he has his own little bedroom sorta, and his own tv. It’s a little cramped for me, but it works very well for him.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.