Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 11:47 AM   #11
Huck

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger LX
State: Texas
THOR #6185
We have a Challenger 37LX and my two year old daughter sleeps on that drop down bunk. For her that stock pad (I hate to call that a mattress) would be fine, but since she s two quite often her mother or I have to get up there and “snuggle” with her to get her to sleep. Neither one of us could stand that pad for more than a couple of minutes. First we put some of those dense foam exercise mats, that are two foot by two foot square, under the pad. That helped a little, but still not close to what we needed. Then we put a two inch memory foam mattress topper on top of the pad, which helped a little more but not enough. Then we got one of those two inch trifold futons and put that under the mattress topper. Now with all that it is bearable for a few hours. We do have to take off the futon and memory foam when we put away the bed for driving though. Since my daughter is two we made a fold down plywood wall with two windows and a door so that she wouldn’t fall or get out, and so she could have her own room as she gets older. The fold down wall stays up there under the original pad when we store the bed for traveling.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum