Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
With a VIN# can you find what options are on the Unit?

Any and all,

We are looking at a new Vegas27.7, none exist on the local lots but I did get a manager from a Gander RV Sales to find one elsewhere. He made me an offer and I would like to see what the unit comes with. I have the VIN#, is there a site at Thor or elsewhere that will identify what is on a vehicle based on the VIN#?

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Doc

Ask Gander to send you a pic of the sicker that lists the standards and options. It should be inside the coach. Either that or call Thor with the Vin, they may send you the build sheet.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:56 PM   #3

THOR #2142
E,

Thanks for the information.
Since I am dealing with one Gander Dealer and the Unit is at another it took me some time to track down which Dealer has the Unit...but I managed and I have requested the sticker.
I could not remember the name "build sheet". I called Thor but they were closed at 4PM. Will contact Monday.

DocMike

Old 11-14-2019, 01:40 AM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Any and all,

We are looking at a new Vegas27.7, none exist on the local lots but I did get a manager from a Gander RV Sales to find one elsewhere. He made me an offer and I would like to see what the unit comes with. I have the VIN#, is there a site at Thor or elsewhere that will identify what is on a vehicle based on the VIN#?

DocMike
Try this: he found the RV. Tell him to get it on his lot (they do this all the time). Then you can not only look at the sticker but inspect the vehicle.

Seriously, they hire people just to drive units from one place to another to get a sale.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:22 AM   #5

THOR #2142
Breeze,
Thanks for the idea.
In this case since I knew it was Gander Showroom and I had the STK number I ran a national wide search and found the unit. I downloaded the specs and made an offer to the dealership where it is sitting. They rejected it...for now.
With winter coming in (not a big demand for RV's), I truly believe that a 2020 will depreciate faster over the next 6 months sitting in someone's inventory than will my 2016 sitting in my driveway. We like what is on the 2020 Vegas 27.7 and are willing to wait out the winter if that is what is needed. In 6 months (when the extended warranty runs out) our numbers may just align and result in a sale.

DocMike

Old 11-14-2019, 03:00 AM   #6

THOR #2142
Oneil,
Hey great to hear from you.
The answer to your question must be taken with the mindset that things are relative. MSRP is pie in the sky from the Dealership and what I have as a OSRP (Owner Sugested Retail Price; based on purchase price, repairs, warranty work, mods, replacement) is also a bit of pie in the sky.
I have been offered as low as $40K trade in (with $82.4 requested as purchase price) to as high as $51K but for just 9% off MSRP.
With all that said, I'm willing to kick-in $10K (to offset the "upside down" loan value of my RV) so that the trade in results in an "OUT THE DOOR" price to be under no more than an additional $20K with the trade-in value they assign.
So, if - as they currently do - want $84K for the 2020 Vegas 27.7 I'll give them my 2016 plus no more than $25K to $30K to boot.
If not now, I believe this will look better to them once the 2021's are on the lot and the 2020's are last year's model. If you look at RV trader you will see that the 2019 Vegas 27.7's are selling for $75K to $79K on the low end...so no real rush here.
Hope this helps.

DocMike

Old 11-14-2019, 04:28 AM   #7

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Breeze,
Thanks for the idea.
In this case since I knew it was Gander Showroom and I had the STK number I ran a national wide search and found the unit. I downloaded the specs and made an offer to the dealership where it is sitting. They rejected it...for now.
With winter coming in (not a big demand for RV's), I truly believe that a 2020 will depreciate faster over the next 6 months sitting in someone's inventory than will my 2016 sitting in my driveway. We like what is on the 2020 Vegas 27.7 and are willing to wait out the winter if that is what is needed. In 6 months (when the extended warranty runs out) our numbers may just align and result in a sale.

DocMike
Yo Doc, these guys are smooth talkers. They'll let it get rot lot and only take a 6k hit next spring when they sell it to some unsuspecting newbs like the two I'm camped next to now. They're taking their coach back to the dealer once a week since I've been here and it's brand new. The warranty, in most cases, doesn't start until you accept delivery. Don't be out duked by sales people. If it's what you want - and everything you want - don't let it slip away.

Just be prepared to be the 'new' buyer who hammers out all the kinks.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #8

THOR #2142
Breeze,
I agree, there is everything from smooth talking to subtle bait and switch. Not my first rodeo but must stay focused.
Thanks.

DocMike

Old 11-20-2019, 08:06 PM   #9

Model: Quantum KW29
State: Mississippi
THOR #15679
With a VIN# can you find what options are on the Unit? This should help even though you may not yet be the owner.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/
Old 11-20-2019, 08:14 PM   #10

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #13371
The VIN will not give you all the option of the Motorhome as it's basically linked to the chassis - type of motor, tranny, etc. Never the color swatches or RV options. Sometimes there will be a sticker in gloveboxes that will have a lot of option codes (rows of them). Good luck
Old 11-20-2019, 08:25 PM   #11

THOR #2142
Pittstop,

Thanks to you and all that replied.

I had the VIN#, which led me to the Stock #, which lead me to the Dealership and then I got the options/price/discount/other songs&dances of the RV even though it was two states away!
Thanks to all.

DocMike

DocMike