Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2023, 12:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Wet Wiper arm emitters.

When I use the windshield washer the output from the emitters never gets to the top of the windshield. As a result, the top 30% of the wiper sweep just gets streaked and often ends up worse than before attempting to use the washer. It was a problem on my 1996 Allegro, and it is a problem on my ACE. I think most Class A motorhomes have this issue.

The problem I think is that the emitters are located over the lower half of the wiper blades. I am considering adding extensions made from sacrificed wiper arms or a 1/2" x 1/8" of aluminum strip to the wiper arms that would move the emitters over the top half of the wiper blades.

My question is this has anyone come up with other creative ways to improve windshield washer performance? If so, what did you do?

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 01:05 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
When I use the windshield washer the output from the emitters never gets to the top of the windshield. As a result, the top 30% of the wiper sweep just gets streaked and often ends up worse than before attempting to use the washer. It was a problem on my 1996 Allegro, and it is a problem on my ACE. I think most Class A motorhomes have this issue.

The problem I think is that the emitters are located over the lower half of the wiper blades. I am considering adding extensions made from sacrificed wiper arms or a 1/2" x 1/8" of aluminum strip to the wiper arms that would move the emitters over the top half of the wiper blades.

My question is this has anyone come up with other creative ways to improve windshield washer performance? If so, what did you do?
You can change the direction of the lil water jets using a small flat screw driver and turning the lil jets heads.
That being said, you need to consider that when the MH is moving air will be pushing water around so if you adjust the jet to the exact position you want when the MH is parked, that jet will never reach your target zone because the wind will divert it.
The jet responsible for the top of the windshield is the one further to the left so adjust it in a such way it will throw water above the windshield and see how it works when you are on highway....
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 02:29 PM   #3

THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
You can change the direction of the lil water jets using a small flat screw driver and turning the lil jets heads.
That being said, you need to consider that when the MH is moving air will be pushing water around so if you adjust the jet to the exact position you want when the MH is parked, that jet will never reach your target zone because the wind will divert it.
The jet responsible for the top of the windshield is the one further to the left so adjust it in a such way it will throw water above the windshield and see how it works when you are on highway....
Already tried that. Can not even get it to reach the top of the windshield standing still.

Old 05-03-2023, 03:37 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
Already tried that. Can not even get it to reach the top of the windshield standing still.
I would check if there are leaks on the lil tubes that are droping the pressure and if not, look at the little pump if it is not clogged with something then maybe use another pump ....
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 03:48 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Also my brother is a 30 year diesel mechanic and tells all customers to put this on their windshield.
Customers have lost their wiper use and can still drive in the rain.
We tried it and it works 100%
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230503_094642_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	41803  
Old 05-03-2023, 08:05 PM   #6

THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
I would check if there are leaks on the lil tubes that are droping the pressure and if not, look at the little pump if it is not clogged with something then maybe use another pump ....
I'll check for leaks but I doubt I will find one. I also doubt I will be able to find a pump that will out perform the one I have. The real problem is that the design of the pump is intended for use with just two or maybe four emitters and the MH manufacturer has installed a total of 12 emitters. I had exactly the same problem with my then brand new 1996 Allegro the first time I had a need to use the washer to clear the windshield.