Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2023, 07:23 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 41 RSSB 4
State: South Dakota
THOR #3565
Mor-Ryde (or LESS ) work

Had mor-ryde service my rig after rally last June. Been doing small trips since then with some long lay overs. In the mountians in SoCal and things are not right. Check suspension and brakes and find 5 out of 8 caliper slide bolts MISSING!!! Brake pads damaged , wheels grooved , calipers and rotors worn etc etc etc. Well time to fix and I ask MOR-LESS to supply pads ,bolts, sleeves and bushings ( just over $500.00 in parts ) I will do the work and live with rest. Mor-Less says call Dexter / " We don't make those items " . Contact Dexter and they say " parts did not brake -- installation problem " MOR -LESS says so sad ,too bad SO if you go to Mor-Less, better photograph their work and than you still might have to PAY again CORP AMERICA delivers AGAIN

2013 RAM 3500 Mega Cab DRW / 3.42

2016 DRV 41RSSB4 ( plus 1 ) PERSONNELIZED
ARCliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 01:25 AM   #2

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
MOR/ryde is not the MOR/ryde of the past.

Someone did not follow the Loctite and torque procedures and qualified in the recall campaign.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 01:32 AM   #3

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
I'm a little shocked, I've been to MORryde at least three times in the last 6 years and they've ALWAYS done good by me!

I have an appointment to have the alignment checked on our rig in August.

Dan
Old 06-16-2023, 01:56 AM   #4

THOR #9431
Dan

Because of my tire wear at the Sevierville rally I had an alignment check / adjustment don’t a MOR/ryde.

Because I was going to put a claim in with Goodyear I specifically asked for before and after numbers.

Requested it 3 times and had it written on the work order.

$300 later and I have no record of the initial alignment numbers.
Old 06-17-2023, 12:44 AM   #5

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
I'm a little shocked, I've been to MORryde at least three times in the last 6 years and they've ALWAYS done good by me!

I have an appointment to have the alignment checked on our rig in August.

Dan
I know the OP personally and he is not making a thing up.

I would be VERY PIZZED off if they did that HIGH COST maintenance on my rig and do it WRONG and NOT stand behind their work.

I would shout this on every forum I can find!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2023, 12:45 AM   #6

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
Dan

Because of my tire wear at the Sevierville rally I had an alignment check / adjustment don’t a MOR/ryde.

Because I was going to put a claim in with Goodyear I specifically asked for before and after numbers.

I think they have gotten bitten by the covid bug that many businesses have encountered as in can't find anyone willing to work.
Old 06-17-2023, 02:37 PM   #7

THOR #3221
Quote:
Dan

I have a similar situation going on Duane, I have one of my (almost) 2 year old GY's wearing funny, to me it looks like a ply sep, went to a CORPORATE Good Year owned store near me and had the tire looked at right after returning from Phoenix this spring. He's telling me it's NOT their tire, it's a misalignment. I had MORryde do an alignment on this trailer in August of 2021 shortly after we bought it. I put NEW tires (G 114's) on just before going to MORryde for the alignment. Now Goodyear is telling me it's an alignment issue so I'm going back to MORryde this August for a check. It pisses me off three of my tires are in great shape but the one is wearing BAD and with less than 10k miles on these tires there's no good reason for this happening. I can't wait to see what MORryde has to say this time. August of 2021 I was told the alignment was "within spec".

Dan
Old 06-17-2023, 02:58 PM   #8

THOR #1661
Quote:
I have a similar situation going on Duane, I have one of my (almost) 2 year old GY's wearing funny, to me it looks like a ply sep, went to a CORPORATE Good Year owned store near me and had the tire looked at right after returning from Phoenix this spring. He's telling me it's NOT their tire, it's a misalignment. I had MORryde do an alignment on this trailer in August of 2021 shortly after we bought it. I put NEW tires (G 114's) on just before going to MORryde for the alignment. Now Goodyear is telling me it's an alignment issue so I'm going back to MORryde this August for a check. It pisses me off three of my tires are in great shape but the one is wearing BAD and with less than 10k miles on these tires there's no good reason for this happening. I can't wait to see what MORryde has to say this time. August of 2021 I was told the alignment was "within spec".

Dan
Dan I have gone thru this before many times and it IS a de lamination in progress!!!

You need to call GY ask for your areas rep and send him pics, I guarantee he will acknowledge the tire is de laminating.

Look like this??? Wait and it will look like second pic. I went thru many tire de laminations thinking they just had a bad batch and damages totaling over 5k. GY did replace the tires and pay for the damages. I ended up selling all my tires and wheels on CL and bought Alcoa's and Continentals. These tires are BEEFY and are not having issues in the DRV world.

Old 06-17-2023, 03:00 PM   #9

THOR #1661
Dan it's NOT an alignment issue!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2023, 04:02 PM   #10

Model: 2018 MS 38RSSA
State: Alberta
THOR #16726
I was at Morryde last Oct for an alignment and ended up getting the springs replaced at the same time. The weird part in my situation they brought in an independent contractor to do the work and then I witnessed after he was done the work, the shop foreman went around the whole suspension checking everything with a torque wrench. I think at that time quality control was a concern and they can not find staff.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:37 PM   #11

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingnut View Post
I was at Morryde last Oct for an alignment and ended up getting the springs replaced at the same time. The weird part in my situation they brought in an independent contractor to do the work and then I witnessed after he was done the work, the shop foreman went around the whole suspension checking everything with a torque wrench. I think at that time quality control was a concern and they can not find staff.
Did they show you she sheer springs? I have inspected mine several times, I have 8k axles and run 18k on them and well over 30k miles. Not a single crack.

YEP!!! Labor shortage as in people given too damn much money not to work!!!
Old 06-18-2023, 12:46 AM   #12

THOR #3221
Thanks for the encouragement Ron. Do you have a number for GY, is it for Akron?

The GY dealer I went to said NO WAY is this a tire issue!

Here's a pic I took earlier this afternoon. Look familiar?

Dan
Old 06-18-2023, 02:04 AM   #13

THOR #16726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Did they show you she sheer springs? I have inspected mine several times, I have 8k axles and run 18k on them and well over 30k miles. Not a single crack.

YEP!!! Labor shortage as in people given too damn much money not to work!!!
Yes they did and you could on some of the cracks stick a screwdriver almost 2 inches into the cracks. We have the 9k axles on ours and next to no miles. The trailer sat for 3 years. Tried for warranty but they would not go for it. Their excuse was sitting was 10 times worse then going down the road on them.
Old 06-18-2023, 01:23 PM   #14

THOR #1661
"Their excuse was sitting was 10 times worse then going down the road on them."

That is complete "Barbra Streisand"!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2023, 01:28 PM   #15

THOR #1661
Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement Ron. Do you have a number for GY, is it for Akron?

The GY dealer I went to said NO WAY is this a tire issue!

Here's a pic I took earlier this afternoon. Look familiar?

Dan
Looks like all three center ribs are starting to rise above the two outer ribs, correct??? THAT is NOT an alignment issue when both edges of the tire are lower than the center three ribs plain and simple. Fred warranted SEVERAL that started looking like the pic I posted.

GY Claims 800-322-4682 Ask for your areas Field Rep.

My Field Rep in CA is Fred Khatami 805-509-4734
Old 06-18-2023, 03:56 PM   #16

THOR #9431
Quote:
Yes they did and you could on some of the cracks stick a screwdriver almost 2 inches into the cracks. We have the 9k axles on ours and next to no miles. The trailer sat for 3 years. Tried for warranty but they would not go for it. Their excuse was sitting was 10 times worse then going down the road on them.
What a crock.
Did they show you how sitting negated the 5 year warranty?

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 04:15 PM   #17

THOR #16726
Quote:
What a crock.
Did they show you how sitting negated the 5 year warranty?
They also said because I was not the original owner. Yes I was not happy, but welcome to todays world lately any excuse to get out of things. The weird part is I am not sure how they knew I was not the original owner.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 04:52 PM   #18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
They also said because I was not the original owner. Yes I was not happy, but welcome to todays world lately any excuse to get out of things. The weird part is I am not sure how they knew I was not the original owner.
Maybe a gov't recall necessity, maybe just specific manufacturer want,
But
Many, maybe all, of my tire serial numbers are registered in my name upon purchase.

It also keeps fraud down.
It's not an excuse. It counters fraud.
Or it would be:

Buy a carcass, get a free tire...like old tupperware at a yard sale.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 06:54 AM   #19

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Dan I have gone thru this before many times and it IS a de lamination in progress!!!

You need to call GY ask for your areas rep and send him pics, I guarantee he will acknowledge the tire is de laminating.

Look like this??? Wait and it will look like second pic. I went thru many tire de laminations thinking they just had a bad batch and damages totaling over 5k. GY did replace the tires and pay for the damages. I ended up selling all my tires and wheels on CL and bought Alcoa's and Continentals. These tires are BEEFY and are not having issues in the DRV world.

You finally sold them?
Old 06-19-2023, 02:35 PM   #20

THOR #1661
Last Summer sold tires and wheels on CL for $1,200