Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2018, 04:43 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
The problem also could be from the underside of the slide. Look under your slide and look at the edge of the floor to the outside wall. Mine had some gaps and I sealed it with Geocell. I will more then likely clean it up and use Lexel and or eternabond tape. I used eterabond tape on my roof on the skylight, two fans, front and rear cap top seam and vent pipe and dummy pipe. This way I NEVER will have to look at sealing anything up on the roof.
This was mine. I cut off what was loose and covered all with Eternabond.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0526181143a.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	14129   Click image for larger version

Name:	0526181145a (1).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	14130  

Old 11-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #22

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
The Factory uses self drilling screws with an air powered impact gun. It is VERY easy to over tighten the screws or have them snap off under the surface.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #23

Model: 41RSSB4
THOR #5859
Perhaps the screws are subjected to a lot more forces when moving than we think?
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #24

Model: 41RSSB4
THOR #5859
Since the area of damage looks to be right under your sink area, I hope that after all the work needed to repair the damage, that you are sure there are no water leaks coming from INSIDE.
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #25

THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Perhaps the screws are subjected to a lot more forces when moving than we think?
I'm sure there is more force than they think.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #26

THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Since the area of damage looks to be right under your sink area, I hope that after all the work needed to repair the damage, that you are sure there are no water leaks coming from INSIDE.
The area is actually around the outer edges with 1 section extending in a circular pattern about 12 inches. Everything inside is dry, unstained, not swollen, etc. It was the first items the shop looked for.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #27

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #12644
This is why I now avoid slides, had issues before with water & slides on 2 rigs. Mind you I recently purchased a rental return Cruise America 28A which I intend to leave in Mexico (away from coast at high altitude) and I found rot behind one of the rear tail lights, fortunately the opening is large enough to pick out all the rot, use Git rot to solidify marginal areas and then replace wood behind the screw backings. Have to wait to get it up to Guadalajara where its drier, it will not completely dry here on the coast because of the humidity. I will inject git rot into the wood on the other side, just in case, as it felt a bit damp. When they removed the cruise America logos they did not recaulk the 2 light fixtures. The tip off was i saw sugar ants going in behind the fixture. Fortunately the skin is fibreglass, not filon. In the process of removing all the external screws and replacing them with square head stainless (available in Canada. I inject proflex rv into the hole before screwing them back in.

Remember the rule with RV's it is not if they are going to leak, it is when are they going to leak.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #28

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: West Virginia
THOR #10450
2015 Thor Chateau

Hi, We have a problem with water going over the floor under the slide. The floor now has soft areas. We think it is coming from the tear driver side wheel well. Were you able to fix your problem? If so, how?
Old 11-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #29

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy E. Taylor View Post
Hi, We have a problem with water going over the floor under the slide. The floor now has soft areas. We think it is coming from the tear driver side wheel well. Were you able to fix your problem? If so, how?
Not sure about how yours is built. But with DRVs you can use a 4 inch eternabond tape to make sure that the joint is covered. Just read a couple of posts up.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:21 PM   #30

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
The problem also could be from the underside of the slide. Look under your slide and look at the edge of the floor to the outside wall. Mine had some gaps and I sealed it with Geocell. I will more then likely clean it up and use Lexel and or eternabond tape. I used eterabond tape on my roof on the skylight, two fans, front and rear cap top seam and vent pipe and dummy pipe. This way I NEVER will have to look at sealing anything up on the roof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
This was mine. I cut off what was loose and covered all with Eternabond.
Here are those posts.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:28 AM   #31

THOR #2341
On another similar*subject, while crawling around under the slide investigating the water intrusion, I realized there were only 3 rollers under the slide.* 20 foot of slide, 3 6 inch rollers.* 2 of the rollers were under the couch portion.* 1 under the sink area, none under the fridge or the "L" part of the counter.* (Memphis model) So the heaviest part of the slide was held by 2 outside brackets and 1 roller.* New rollers came in today to properly support the slide.