Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2023, 01:34 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
We will be in SE New Mexico on 5/3-6 then heading northbound through Winslow and Jerome, AZ, then into Utah around the 10th. Let me know if you get closeby. I'll delete some old stuff in PM box.
Well be in Moab , ur 5/3 to 5/7. Capital Reef 5/8, Bryce Canyon 5/9 to 5/11. Virgin UT (Zion) 5/11 to 5/15.

Old 04-14-2023, 07:31 AM   #22

State: New Mexico
THOR #29401
Fuse box schematic

Hi I'm Mike.
I'm looking for the fuse box schematic thats under the hood on a 1995 Columbus Thor Motor home. Anybody help me out?
Old 04-14-2023, 01:28 PM   #23

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_4568 View Post
Regarding the Sprinter vs. Ford, #1, I sold Fords beginning in 1996. I know I will be able to afford any issues that might arise mechanically. The thought of going to a Mercedes dealership for a repair or even a oil change scares me!
Yep...while there getting key fob programmed I ask him what a service cost. Basic oil service is $745. I smiled within and left proud that I've never paid anyone for an oil change. It's the most basic maintenance item.
Old 04-15-2023, 06:47 PM   #24

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Stops with full hookup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Gritz..... our trip is a bit crazy.

We are heading north to PA to see family around May 1. I keep the coach stored up there. Then we are heading to the southwest hitting southern New Mexico to stop at Carlsbad.

Then we hit Joshua Tree in southern Cal and work our way to Sequoia, Yosemite, Redwood.... then up to Mount St Helen and Rainier and then Olympic NP before meeting up with the caravan in Blaine, WA to cross the border.

I'll try to give you a call this week. Tried to drop you a PM but your mailbox is full. Its been crazy the past few weeks. We've had a revolving door of visitors and have a couple days before my sister-in-law and her husband roll into town for a week.
We love stopping at Morro Bay and Monterey. The state parks are great.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:25 PM   #25

THOR #7327
Sw Florida

Hello from manatee county, we have a 2016 Vegas 25.4 and have 26.000 miles on it and we love easy to drive , it’s like driving a uhaul van. Did some upgrades to it. Upgrade the front and rear stabilizers and add road master steering stabilizer.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:10 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.6
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdacosta2049 View Post
Hello from manatee county, we have a 2016 Vegas 25.4 and have 26.000 miles on it and we love easy to drive , it’s like driving a uhaul van. Did some upgrades to it. Upgrade the front and rear stabilizers and add road master steering stabilizer.
Hello Vegas lover. NM here. Used to live in Big Sky.
2020 vegas 25k miles.
We look at B classes but revert back to our lovely easy to drive park Vegas. And we were married in Las Vegas
Old 04-16-2023, 02:57 AM   #27

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Hi,
I'm Dan and my wife's name is Pam. We are currently counting down to Pam's retirement and I am semi retired.
We are new to the RV world and look forward to learning as much as possible before we purchase likely a used Class C on a E-450 chassis.
Welcome to the forum! You made a good decision by joining this forum. Out of all of the forums and Facebook groups I participate in, this one is by far the most active and the most helpful! My husband and I joined the group before we purchased our first rv, a Vegas 24.1. The Vegas was the perfect choice for us to find out if we enjoyed RVing. I don’t know what we would have done without having the members of this forum to depend on when we had questions. Good luck with your search for your perfect rv!

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 12:29 PM   #28

Model: Vegas 25.6
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs4 View Post
Welcome to the forum! You made a good decision by joining this forum. Out of all of the forums and Facebook groups I participate in, this one is by far the most active and the most helpful! My husband and I joined the group before we purchased our first rv, a Vegas 24.1. The Vegas was the perfect choice for us to find out if we enjoyed RVing. I don’t know what we would have done without having the members of this forum to depend on when we had questions. Good luck with your search for your perfect rv!

Pam
Nice comments Pam.
Agree 100%
Old 04-16-2023, 12:57 PM   #29

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
In Highlands county FL. Got steam train runs right by house. The pups howl effectively.

Welcome to forum, wealth of info/experience here.

We bought an e450 based Vegas 24.1 in 2016. Use it for vacations and pulling drag car on open trailer all over SE USA. Has met our needs without issue.
My wife and I just bought a place in Avon park, a couple weeks ago, nice place
Old 04-16-2023, 03:54 PM   #30

THOR #29404
Off for a test drive we go!

First, thanks to everyone who has welcomed us and shared many insights on their upcoming trips and other stuff!

My wife and I took a few hours yesterday and went to Fort Myers to look at some Class C and small Class A rides.

We chose North Trail RV as our destination to torture a sales person. As I have mentioned in another post I sold Fords for close to 20 years. My DW hates shopping for cars, so I got to pick out a dozen cars and SUV's for our personal vehicles over the years. She never lets me forget that this RV we get will not be my decision , so go with the tide and enjoy the ride! as the priest told me when we got married 30+ yrs. ago.

When we arrived at North Trail RV, the receptionist got us a sales person, Kevin, who brought us to his office to get an idea of our wants and needs. Basically, we just wanted to drive one of each class to see how they felt, especially with DW driving. Neither of us have ever driven a 30 ft. RV.

From the get go, Kevin was really pushing the Class A, which is fine but we wanted to drive both a C and A.

Once we got out on the lot, he took us to a Class C Jayco Redhawk? It was a new 2023. When we got inside, and looked around for a couple of minuets I noticed the wall decor which was 4"x 24" pieces of what was suppose to look like wood panel were coming unglued from the wall. And there were one or two other areas that looked sketchy. So, poor quality and we are just starting

We had no intention of buying anything, we just wanted to drive the two classes of RV! So, at this point Kevin wanted to show us a couple of Pre-owned Class A.

Long story short, we never drove a Class C. We did take a 2023 used Thor Hurricane 30 ft. with 1900 miles out for a ride. DW drove around the large lot they have. I wanted to go on I-75, which I did but this thing had the worse ride, I did not expect it to be so bad. Plus, the sliding door seperating the bedroom from the living area was broken, would not lock open. The wife was not comfortable driving it at all.

SO, we ran out of time to go find a Class C this time. I think being closer to the ground in a truck like cab will feel better? Tlme will tell!
Old 04-16-2023, 04:04 PM   #31

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
First, thanks to everyone who has welcomed us and shared many insights on their upcoming trips and other stuff!

My wife and I took a few hours yesterday and went to Fort Myers to look at some Class C and small Class A rides.

We chose North Trail RV as our destination to torture a sales person. As I have mentioned in another post I sold Fords for close to 20 years. My DW hates shopping for cars, so I got to pick out a dozen cars and SUV's for our personal vehicles over the years. She never lets me forget that this RV we get will not be my decision , so go with the tide and enjoy the ride! as the priest told me when we got married 30+ yrs. ago.

When we arrived at North Trail RV, the receptionist got us a sales person, Kevin, who brought us to his office to get an idea of our wants and needs. Basically, we just wanted to drive one of each class to see how they felt, especially with DW driving. Neither of us have ever driven a 30 ft. RV.

From the get go, Kevin was really pushing the Class A, which is fine but we wanted to drive both a C and A.

Once we got out on the lot, he took us to a Class C Jayco Redhawk? It was a new 2023. When we got inside, and looked around for a couple of minuets I noticed the wall decor which was 4"x 24" pieces of what was suppose to look like wood panel were coming unglued from the wall. And there were one or two other areas that looked sketchy. So, poor quality and we are just starting

We had no intention of buying anything, we just wanted to drive the two classes of RV! So, at this point Kevin wanted to show us a couple of Pre-owned Class A.

Long story short, we never drove a Class C. We did take a 2023 used Thor Hurricane 30 ft. with 1900 miles out for a ride. DW drove around the large lot they have. I wanted to go on I-75, which I did but this thing had the worse ride, I did not expect it to be so bad. Plus, the sliding door seperating the bedroom from the living area was broken, would not lock open. The wife was not comfortable driving it at all.

SO, we ran out of time to go find a Class C this time. I think being closer to the ground in a truck like cab will feel better? Tlme will tell!

We looked at North Trail several years ago when we started looking at Super C’s. Its not far from us. They had a very large selection of RV’s at the time (2018 / 19).

We wanted a Super C because it was the best of bothworls. The house of a Class A mixed with the safety features and suspension upgrades of a workhorse truck chassis and cab.

We might be selling our Super C in the fall when we get back from Alaska.

If you sold Ford’s, you’ll love the Magnitude on the F-550 Chassis.

Solid quality and workmanship is going to be very hard to find in most RV’s. My Magnitude will eventually be an excellent find for someone. All of the quality and workmanship issues have been fixed and too many upgrades to list.

You might be better off in the long run buting used and getting something where most of the bugs and kinks have already been fixed.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:12 PM   #32

THOR #11130
Your experience thus far speaks loudly regarding...forget the drive 1st...spend a good bit of time inside tugging and pulling on stuff. Remove drawers from their slides and look behind them how difficult or easy it will be to access necessary repairs. Locate all moving parts and pieces (those things that will break or need repairs like furnace amd ducting, water pump and plumbing, winterizing valves, etc) and see how easy it may be to get to them as well as remove/repair them. RV's sitting ready for sale with broken parts is a bad sign. Newer motorhomes for sale with very few miles makes the stomach in my brain hurt also. It doesn't matter what type chassis it all sits on at first...it has to start with a quality build. Take your time. Driving it should he the final chapter. I'll take an ill handling chassis with a perfect coach body any day over the reverse option. And...tell the sales goober only 5 things you must have. If they don't remember them and start on their "wish you would buy this one" list...ask for another salesperson or leave. There's thousands everywhere and buying close to home isn't a benefit anymore with RV's...service...even bad service...doesn't exist.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 12:32 AM   #33

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
......So we ran out of time to go find a Class C this time. I think being closer to the ground in a truck like cab will feel better? Tlme will tell!
Congrats on passing your first test, resisting an aggressive salessnake. Many are worse than used car folks, and of course they only get paid if they can talk you into a unit in their inventory.

You also passed the second test, observing deficiencies that they hope you miss. You are on a good path to finding the right outcome. Expect a few detours. You friends here are with you all the way.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:02 AM   #34

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Our Vegas came from North Trail RV when they had a Ft Lauderdale location. They were much, much better than I expected on deal. A service tech took almost 4 hours going over unit with us.

Vegas has never been to dealer since initial pickup. I generally fix whatever comes up. I just did oil change couple days ago.

Salesman/dealers do not seem to pre prep things anymore. You would like to think anything that a customer will test drive would have properor at least close to correct tires pressire. First impressions very important.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:11 AM   #35

THOR #7327
We bought ours from General RV in Dover, East of Tampa off of I4, drove a25.4 Vegas and had to order it, since the one we drove by the time we got back to the lot it got sold. Ordered in December 2015 and took delivery of it in February 2016, Thor manufacturing representative kept me informed on the process and where in the production mine was and even sent me the VIN information. Mine was back to dealer just one time to replace a bad house battery. Other than that I do oil changes on it myself and grease fittings and changed radiator fluid. We love ours.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:14 AM   #36

THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Well be in Moab , ur 5/3 to 5/7. Capital Reef 5/8, Bryce Canyon 5/9 to 5/11. Virgin UT (Zion) 5/11 to 5/15.
We will cross paths around 5/11-12ish. We're moving north out of AZ into Zion, then cross over to Bryce.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:12 PM   #37

THOR #29404
Thanks again for all your responses and info. Mike, I hope you have resolved the fuse box issues.