Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Where is Judge?

Anyone know where judge went?

I was looking forward to following Judge's Alaska adventures and seeing how his Magnitude stood up to the Alaska roads but it seems he went dark sometime in August.

If you see this Judge, thanks! - I always enjoyed your polite opinions and advice, hopefully all is well and this note finds you in good health.

Best wishes -

Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 07:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottosails View Post
Anyone know where judge went?

I was looking forward to following Judge's Alaska adventures and seeing how his Magnitude stood up to the Alaska roads but it seems he went dark sometime in August.

If you see this Judge, thanks! - I always enjoyed your polite opinions and advice, hopefully all is well and this note finds you in good health.

Best wishes -
Hel pulled a Duck and got fed up with some posters here - so he exited stage left. I believe it was some snarky responses to his well thought out and helpful thread here:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...ers-34615.html

Hopefully he will also follow Duck and return at some point in the future.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 09:38 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Hope he comes back.

Here Comes the Judge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231026_153811_Google.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	43939  
Old 10-26-2023, 10:26 PM   #4

Model: SV34
THOR #24580
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Hel pulled a Duck and got fed up with some posters here - so he exited stage left. I believe it was some snarky responses to his well thought out and helpful thread here:

Thanks for sharing what may have happened with Judge - I missed his "RV Buying Tips" post somehow, WOW, as usual a great well thought out, engaging post. I sure have missed having Judge's input here. He helped me many times when I needed it most.

I will be sharing his buying tips/thoughts with any prospective "New" RV buyers that are willing to listen and read it, such great advice.

I also hope Judge comes back some day soon.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 11:21 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I was fortunate to have The Judge and that Clunker fellow to help me get a very nice RVI Brake system for pennies on the dollar just before all of this went down.

I think his last thread speaks for itself as far as his mindset. I think he just wanted the new people coming to the forum given the benefit of the doubt when they asked questions... given that they may have been after the fact for the sale, or that they had little know how on how to ask the questions that they may have had.

As in most things Information is Power and RV Ownership is no different. The industry is setup to not allow most new consumers with the info they need BEFORE the purchase they do make.

My thought is that if we all pitch in to be a little bit more tolerant with new posters, keep pointing them to the Judge's thread, maybe he does come back from his Chamber.

But who am I to Judge
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 12:45 AM   #6

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Information is power.
It's right there in Google to empower you

Before
Purchase.

Judge and I had contentions about this,

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:16 AM   #7

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Information is power.
It's right there in Google to empower you

Before
Purchase.

Judge and I had contentions about this,
Yeah I know. There are two sides to every coin. The Judge looks at it from consumer perspective that the error is made, what now? You are trying to educate other readers for prevention, but perhaps at the expense of the OP's mistake.

Some people sit around and decide hey I want a new TV, they get in the car and go to Best Buy. They listen to some yada yada and buy something that is in stock on sale or not, promised a delivery date in two weeks, and get the 3 year extended warranty for a TV that already comes with a 2 year Mfg warranty for $179 more. Others who have Google as a Friend will spend 30 minutes to research online, buy a better quality TV at half the price, have delivered to front door in 2 to 3 days, no pressure to buy the extended warranty.

Where you and The Judge may differ is when the 1st TV buyer wants to know why they can't get their TV to show 4K, they solicit help only to learn that despite all of the TVs they saw on display were 4k, they had assumed the Salesman was selling them the same quality TV, without knowing what those pesky model numbers meant.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 10-27-2023, 01:43 AM   #8

THOR #13932
You can't treat a post of;
'Mongo hammer. What you hammer?'
the same as a post with
8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.
(But justice was blind...)

And, for the ranch types;
Is creosote still legal for treating posts?

Edit:
Man, I edited the CRRRRAAAAP out a this one.

Old 10-27-2023, 03:07 AM   #9

THOR #30660
Man that sucks that judge has disappeared!!! Reading not just his posts but everyone who has similar models to what I've purchased is probably the heaviest result of me buying my Omni. My rig has Bilstein shocks on it and wasn't until after I brought it home that I read about the rancho being better. Really hope he comes back. And I really want to thank everyone on here for giving me such important info on what I can expect to go wrong but better yet how to fix the issues.
Old 10-27-2023, 09:20 AM   #10

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:

Kind of supports the adage "some people have something to say and some people just have to say something".
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 02:05 PM   #11

THOR #13932
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f3...tml#post397154

And yet,
The thread above has been here for a couple of days, has close to 200 views and NOT ONE PERSON referred them to judges newbie sticky.

Why not?
Were you all just lip-service about his sticky?
Did 200 people just band-wagon and rah-rah simply to hear their head rattle about the value of a sticky?

If that list has such value, why wasn't it offered?
Just askin'.

I left my standard answer for the newbs due to the well written gregarious and excited happy post from folks who found the forum BEFORE purchase.

So, indeed, some people just say things....
Maybe everyone just forgot.

Why didn't anyone link?

Old 10-27-2023, 02:14 PM   #12

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
You can't treat a post of;
'Mongo hammer. What you hammer?'
the same as a post with
8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.
(But justice was blind...)

And, for the ranch types;
Is creosote still legal for treating posts?

Edit:
Man, I edited the CRRRRAAAAP out a this one.
You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 02:50 PM   #13
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f3...tml#post397154

And yet,
The thread above has been here for a couple of days, has close to 200 views and NOT ONE PERSON referred them to judges newbie sticky.

Why not?
Were you all just lip-service about his sticky?
Did 200 people just band-wagon and rah-rah simply to hear their head rattle about the value of a sticky?

If that list has such value, why wasn't it offered?
Just askin'.

I left my standard answer for the newbs due to the well written gregarious and excited happy post from folks who found the forum BEFORE purchase.

So, indeed, some people just say things....
Maybe everyone just forgot.

Why didn't anyone link?
You mean like in POST #2?

Quote:

Old 10-27-2023, 02:57 PM   #14

THOR #13932
Not in this post #2 for my referenced pre-purchase thread.
Not anywhere in that thread.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...16&postcount=2

Why not?

Old 10-27-2023, 03:07 PM   #15
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Not in this post #2 for my referenced pre-purchase thread.
Not anywhere in that thread.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...16&postcount=2

Why not?
Sorry, missed the link at the top in your post.

I guess none of the responders in that thread thought to link the Judge thread in their response. But then, that's why it's a stickied thread.

No difference then any new A/C problem thread not having a response with a link to the epic A/C troubleshooting and improvement thread, or any new 29M owner thread not getting a response to a link to Jerry's 29M mod thread.

People have to think and remember and that doesn't always happen on Forums - people are more prone to regurgitate their own experience; even if it doesn't apply to the thread.
Old 10-27-2023, 03:14 PM   #16

THOR #13932
It's why I keep my stuff in my thread.
I can reference it quickly and hopefully supply a link.

I am worthless with the search feature so I'll never find a thread to link.

I campaign that judges and a how to write a question threads should be part of the user agreement or required reading before being allowed to post.

Old 10-27-2023, 03:59 PM   #17

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Since have my first Motorhome 3 years ago, everyone of you are informative and entertaining
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 07:05 PM   #18

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Yeah I know. There are two sides to every coin. The Judge looks at it from consumer perspective that the error is made, what now? You are trying to educate other readers for prevention, but perhaps at the expense of the OP's mistake.

Some people sit around and decide hey I want a new TV, they get in the car and go to Best Buy. They listen to some yada yada and buy something that is in stock on sale or not, promised a delivery date in two weeks, and get the 3 year extended warranty for a TV that already comes with a 2 year Mfg warranty for $179 more. Others who have Google as a Friend will spend 30 minutes to research online, buy a better quality TV at half the price, have delivered to front door in 2 to 3 days, no pressure to buy the extended warranty.

Where you and The Judge may differ is when the 1st TV buyer wants to know why they can't get their TV to show 4K, they solicit help only to learn that despite all of the TVs they saw on display were 4k, they had assumed the Salesman was selling them the same quality TV, without knowing what those pesky model numbers meant.
Thank you for the truthful posting of reason. It's true, not all consumers are playing poker with the same deck. But if weren't for dummies those in sales would never put bread on the table.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 11:02 PM   #19

Model: Magnitude SV34
THOR #30293
I' m sorry I just saw this. Judge and Duck have been extremely enlightening to me as we started to re-rving again. I didnt realize they had pulled off the forum and was awaiting their coming back. I personally appreciated their points even if at first I didnt agree after I thought though most of them I came around. The kind of help they brought are the most powerful we as RVrs could hope for. So if they are out there listening.... Please bring back your experience and knowledge.. Judge,(selfishly) I sure do want to hear all about Alaska and how the magnitude held up and how Alaska was to visit..
Old 11-01-2023, 11:21 PM   #20

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurtz502@gmail.com View Post
I' m sorry I just saw this. Judge and Duck have been extremely enlightening to me as we started to re-rving again. I didnt realize they had pulled off the forum and was awaiting their coming back. I personally appreciated their points even if at first I didnt agree after I thought though most of them I came around. The kind of help they brought are the most powerful we as RVrs could hope for. So if they are out there listening.... Please bring back your experience and knowledge.. Judge,(selfishly) I sure do want to hear all about Alaska and how the magnitude held up and how Alaska was to visit..
So a Judge and a Duckface guy walk into a Bar. The Duckface guy pulls out a cigar.

Name:  mad duck.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  9.3 KB

The Bartender looks at the Judge and whispers something in his ear. Due to forum rules, I can't post what the Judge said when he left, but we are all waiting on him to come back