Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 08:34 PM   #5
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
what Watt

Just for your info. I put in a 1200W sine wave inverter from AIMS that includes a transfer switch (which you will need) for around $169.

The TVs will take around 60 Watts each and they may be happier with a pure sinewave but probably fine with the approximate sine ones (referred to as "modified sinewave) because of the TV's internal switching power supply will act accordingly. The modified sinewave will be a little harder on the TV's internal capacitors but they have a 10-15 year life.

The microwave in my unit (Veagas 25.2) takes right around 800 Watts and the covection oven takes just over 1000 Watts.

I think 1200-1800 Watts is about the ideal range but you still have to be careful about all of the loads you would be running at the same time.

Amazon has the Aims 1200 W true sinewave and it is a very good deal. You should also buy the remote switch running the wiring through cabinets to a convenient wall control location.

If the inverter malfunctions, like many of the issues post here about losing power, you will also lose the generator/shorepower for these appliances because the transfer switch needs to be operating (12V DC input) for the transfer switch to connect the external AC power in when the inverter is turned off. (so it's not really completely off).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum