Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #5
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I will have to check back with you in 2 more years when you have at least 30 years experience with the same to confirm reliability :-)

Given that you leave it plugged in which is what I would like to do; I will have to spend an extra $140 or so in extra wiring to place in neat location; so the wires don't post a trip hazard from garage since they will be laying out all the time.

This leaves me with does your 30 or 50 amp plug fit such that you can close the door fully to be weatherproof, or do you not worry about plug / box being exposed to the rain or occasional snow?

I have seen some 50 to 30 amp adapters 12 inches long. If you use one of those where the 30amp connector and the 30amp cord plug in could get wet?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum