Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 09:02 PM   #1
ournextstop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
Freightliner/Palazzo 12 vdc problem

I believe my problem is more of a chassis issue then a coach issue is what I was trying to say in the title. While there doesn't seem to be too many Palazzo owners on the forum yet, maybe an owner of another coach on a Freightliner chassis can help.

Problem is when we tried to raise the electrical windshield shade this AM no response, same with the awning. When I turn the key on, the dash remains "dead", no lights no response of any kind when I turn the key! I held down the aux start switch for 5+ minutes with absolutely no change. Not even a glow from the dash lights. I did try the front slide and it responded properly.

We have been parked here for about 15 days with 50 amp hook up. The inverter is in float charge and when I unplugged from shore power it started inverting. I did go to the front outside electrical compartment on drivers side and looked at few fuses that had markings indicating they were connected to the dash. Did not find any bad ones.

I had to leave so my time for troubleshooting was limited. I am gone overnight and have the owners manual with me and will do some reserch there later this PM but thought I would ask for some input here also.

Because there is absolutely no response even after the aux start switch has been held closed for 5+ minutes and because the slides work (I think they are on chassis battery) it seems there is a fuse or circuit breaker somewhere that has caused this issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum