Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I see no one is responding to this (yet) so lets start the ball rolling.......I don't have a 50Amp service in my coach and I don't have an inverter/charger system either, but my basic understanding of them is that when you are plugged into a correctly operating 50Amp campground AC service your inverter should default to the campground AC and also should be charging your coach/chassis batteries as required. When the CG AC or Generator AC sources shutoff the Inverter supplies the AC loads (those wiored to the inverter at least) via the Coach battery string. So maybe I missed something in your description, but it seemed like you were saying that when on the CG service your AC devices browned out and your batteries were not charging?

So how stable is the campground AC system? Any other campers on 50A service complaining of recent power fluctuations? If not then perhaps you have an intermitant operational issue with your inverter charger transfer switch or control systems.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.