Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Decal removal
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #8
Sweetbriar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I've read about a rubber wheel that 3-m makes. It's what the pro body guys use on cars. Sounds like it's sort of like an eraser, for a grinder or drill.... rubs the decal off without damaging paint.
No 1st hand knowledge though.
Pretty much how it worked for me. YouTube info and demo - https://youtu.be/AscVrV6E_kg

You just need to watch the drill speed. The faster the drill turns the higher the potential to generator excessive heat that will discolor both gelcoat and paint. Cordless drills work best since they are usually a lower speed top speed but you'll need to recharge often removing large area decals which is why I mentioned using a corded drill. Just keep the speed low and don't linger in one spot too long.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum