Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #9
TexasGypsy

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #15709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Yeah, this particular motorhome has been discussed many times.

The garage is not nearly as large as on Hymers and many other Euro rigs.

The general arrangement is similar to common European floorplans except extra seats at front are sidewards instead of facing forward. Getting to front seats for dining is much more restricted. Narrow Transit cab doesn’t help.

Hymers have better floorplans on Ducato chassis which Thor could build on ProMaster, if only they can control American weight gain. Nicer yet would be if they build a Hymer clone on Econoline single rear wheel chassis.
Ah, the Hymer and you are spot on with the better floor plans which is only the tip of the iceberg in comparison. Personally, I have to go with the Mercedes chassis and turbo diesel because that Fiat Ducato has a poor rep among owners down under. Specifically go to the Hymer website and do a little tour of the Modern Comfort I. The big question now that Thor owns Hymer (minus the problem in Canada), would they import US compliant Hymers? I reached out to Hymer and their response was only to indicate the lack of Hymer service in the US meant warranty repairs couldn't take place.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.