Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:42 PM   #17
TexasGypsy

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #15709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I already have a very used E-350.

Besides, Thor doesn’t need any of us to tell them how to build one for the US market. The problem I see is that for whatever reason, in the US we mostly associate “small” RVs with cheapness.

A small and expensive motorhome will have very limited sales, which is why I suggest dusting off the Chateau 19G front cap, using a longer 158” versus 138” wheelbase, and copying a Hymer floorplan in the 23-ft range to end up with an inexpensive American Hymer clone. With the right Hymer floorplan, American chassis, “and” an affordable price, they may do OK.

Just mix these together and see what comes out.
I'm fine if they want to make all the Hymer tech and safety features an option but make them available. Smart Battery system, crosswind assistant, adaptive stability, collision prevention (radar distance detection), lane departure warning, full beam assist, adaptive stability... Adopting the floor plans would be a great start but, it's the lack of technology that leaves us in the dark ages with a new Thor. The difference is like comparing a Timex to the Rolex Submariner but the price isn't the problem it the availability. Thor is what, the fourth largest RV manufacturer? They can't build a few high end models and still be profitable?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.