Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
how much does your crew cab F-150 weigh?

Do any of you late model F-150 owners here have real measured weights for your truck?...specifically looking at a short box crew cab and probably a few options such as a typical Lariat package.

I'm getting close to shopping for a replacement for my 06 silverado that is getting tired. I'm leaning towards a Ford this time...and a 4x4 so it can be flat towed.

I really don't need 4x4 but it might be kindof fun to have as a side benefit.

And I'm not really sure that I ever would set it up to be towed. We've found that we have gotten through just fine with the way we travel our RV without a Toad, and I recon doing it would introduce lots of other issues...(such as not fitting into parking spaces while en route)....but it might be nice to have the option.

Anyway, with only a 5,000# hitch rating on my RV I'm limited. The published numbers for most all the variations show curb weights South of 5,000# but adding the options...and typical stuff carried all the time such as a few tools, 1st aid kit, etc... I know it will be more than those published numbers....so I'm curious about your real word situation...your weight, your options, an approximation of your typical permanent load...just to get a better feel and reassurance.

On another forum I participate on, I asked this question. Didn't get any measured numbers yet, but I was pointed to this
https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/f-...50_2019/403562
which seems to adjust the curb weight depending on the trim packages...not every option, but I suppose it's close enough....but is it really correct?

thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum