Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #18
Lovin Life

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 Chateau 28Z
State: Arizona
THOR #3071
GPS Survey

You Guys/Gals, ROCK! I want a dedicated GPS navigation system so I have decided to go with the Garmin 760LMT. Love that it has RV specific information, as well as, a 7” screen, limited voice commands, free lifetime map updates, POI, Weather info, lane/exit info. Traffic updates ( which I would have to turn on my “hotspot” on my phone for connection) and the Support Group, which I am interested in.

As for my backups, I will also have with me my KOA, Nat’l and State Parks, Atlas, Road Trip USA and Next Exit books.

I will be updating my iPhone to a larger screen, iPad with apps, iPod. I like my tunes on a dedicated iPod so I don’t interfere with anything on my phone/pad. Apps: Sani-dump, Goggle Maps, GS camping, RV parks, GasBuddy, Camp & Rv, KOA, RoadTrip. Will look into iExit.

I have read somewhere that 28 states do not allow “window” mount GPS holders. Doesn’t mean anything to me because my arms wouldn’t reach anyway!

Also, my RV already has a backup camera. Do I need to get one with an additional camera and what benefit will that do for me? Is it easy to install? I sometimes drive with the backup camera on, just because.

I do not know how to do the "Quote" thing.
FW28Z "I have mine on a RAM mount, which is semi-secure vs. just putting it on the dash or suction cup to the windshield."

Since I have the same RV, I would like to mount it with the RAM. I have looked on Amazon for the parts, but am not sure which part numbers or how they connect. Can you please enlighten me?

Thank you All So Very Much!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum