Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 02:51 AM   #193
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I installed an Alexa echo auto tonight.https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Auto-Add...4651982&sr=8-1
I couldn't get the Alexa app installed on my android radio(post#186 in this thread) so I had to Bluetooth the echo auto to the radio through my phone. (which is the normal way to do it, I just wanted to circumvent my phone by using my radio head as the parent. I'm out of burner phones, I'll get one and leave it in the rv.)
I'll later reroute the sound away from the head unit, through a seperate speaker (echo auto has an audio out jack) so I can ask it something and get a response if we're listening to a book or on a phone call.

It has some shortcomings. You have to call it Alexa, you can't change its wake word.
It won't work unless my phone is in the rv(until I get a burner or get the head to run the Alexa app.)
But
it hears very well, is very small and so far hasn't misheard or failed.

If you can get Alexa installed on your android radio and have a Hotspot built into your rv, I'd suggest a regular echo Puck https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Input-Br...IKX0DER&sr=8-3

I can now open and close my garage door, turn on house lights, turn off water at the house and such through echo.

I always have been able to do this with Google assistant, but that Google assistant doesn't hear well and has a sometimes 10 second or so lag causing me to holler at it three times.
AND
Saying 'OK google' turns on everyone's phone, downloading maps or whatever command on 2 to 10 phones in the room, my phone, android head unit and spousal units phone all hear it and react.

Punchline:
Get a Regular echo Puck if you can, otherwise echo auto will open garage, turn on lights, tell you weather, give you traffic reports....

I just hooked echo up to my electric blanket in the rv.
'Alexa, turn on my blanket.' preheated bed and I can turn it off remotely if I forgot it when leaving.
I can't think of anything else in the rv to hook to echo.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum