Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
gentilebrian

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
I just did a bunch of research on this before I got my Freedom Elite 26fe class C but I think it helps with the bare 450 chassis. It is 22k GCVW as long as you get 4.56 gears. I have a 7000lb boat I needed to tow. I took my RV to the truck scale and without gear but full of fluid was 11,500. With my trailer was 18,340. It pulled just fine at 70mph.

Few things to keep in mind
I know on mine its rated to pull 8,000lbs but the tongue weight is only 500lbs. Not ideal as 10% of trailer should be on the tongue but I shifted the boat back on the trailer to get it to 450lbs.
The other thing is based off of my research sometime in 2016 they made a change to the V10 motor giving it more power at a lower RPM (good for towing) and also put in a 6 speed transmission so good for towing and MPG. When I picked up my 2017 2 weeks ago it actually had a 2016 chassis so I had to verify the VIN with ford to be sure what motor and trans it had.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum