Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
Ed-Helen pns

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #698
We always level, with the engine running, before putting out the slide. I think if you are not level, the slide may bind or something else.
We have a 2014 27.1for over 3 years and we are gone usually over 130 days a year and love it.
Get on line with Lippert and what ever appliances, electronic, etc you have web pages. I down loaded everything on how to do PM, what to do when something does't work or what ever. I like having all the info readily available. If something goes wrong and if you don't have Internet and frustrated, all the info is just a click away.
Check the bin where the slide controller is placed. Mine was place in the bin with all of the leads facing up. Thor left a gap in the foam they used in the hole for the wires that go into the bin. Water got into the bin and the controller and water and electronics don't work well together. Luckily the slide was in when it stopped working. We had to spend several nights with the slide in before the replacement came in. Look on the Internet as I saved about 200 bucks from not ordering from Lippert. By the way Lippert was very helpful in explaining in detail what I needed to do. The replacement went in with the wires facing down.
Have fun and safe travels.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum