Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 01:04 AM   #17
DMDSKI

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 32HD
State: Texas
THOR #1427
2013 Daybreak 32HD Perspective

I purchased a 2013 Daybreak 32HD June 2013 with the Optional equipment includes Luxury Cherry wood package, Mesa Sand partial paint package, LCD bedroom TV, second roof A/C unit (centrally ducted), Onan 5500 generator, dual auxiliary batteries, 50 amp service cord and gas/electric water heater. I took it on four 2/6 hour trips one way to Corpus, Rockport, South Padre Island, and a long trip to Big Bend National Park. It operated well, but I had warranty work that just got completed January 2015.

Coach Acceptance, missing items:
Main Dining Area, Air Fan thermostat controlled - installed as I sat, before I signed.
HDMI/Cable to Bedroom and Below TV Compartment - had to return after parts were ordered to support three (3) independent TVs . Part of the contract under the miscellaneous are of the contract.
TV Controller - A new controller was ordered to support three (3) independent HDMI (3) TVs for the following - Satellite TV, DVD/CD Blue ray player, Cable connections, and open air digital signals. I wanted all three TVs to operate independently.
Satellite Device - choose your words carefully. I wanted an enclosed satellite dish with automatic dish reception, (stealth). What I got was a free open air DirecTV dish and automatic dish reception capability. I signed..
DirecTV - each TV has its own DirecTV box. I am able to turn off the coach DirecTV boxes when not in use and turn them on. I use DirecTV at home and it is a easy procedure. My coach DirecTV boxes have been off since November and they will get turned on in March 2015 until November again.

Warranty items replaced at no charge:
Kitchen sink - Not a seal evenly around the outside rim. You could slide a nickel in the bow on the side.
Kitchen faucet and hose - turned on the faucet and used the hose, great. Issue faucet did not work for five minutes until pressure was released.
Fender right - Cracked on the road to Big Bend - Issue screw came loose and cracked the fender. Just got repaired due to no use in the winter.
Bathroom Medicine cabinet - pressed wood puffed like a cotton ball on the inside bottom- replaced no issue after pictures (manufacturing defect)
Couch - rip in the side wall down the lacing (stretched fabric and it pulled from the seam) replaced manufacturing defect.
Kitchen table - side border too short, had a gap. Replaced manufacturing defect. Received second table, had to be replaced. RED lettering with make and model wrote on the top. Did not see... color blind, female guest laughed and replaced again with a female CW employee verifying the RED lettering damage.
Sink Cutting Board absent - warranty and received two!
Windshield Wiper Arm - Broke on the road and in the rain to South Padre. Called Thor on the road and they sent me two arms. When I awoke at KOA South Padre a note was on my door I had a package. Called before 1pm and it made the same day FEDEX shipment pick up.

Not Covered:
Had to replace batteries over 12 months.

Protection Warranty:
Road Hazard Tire Protection $900.00- Quite interesting. Purchased a five year plan from CW, Good Sam, and now I know a 3rd Party Vendor. Covered $528.00 of the $680.00 bill. Why, labor cost was higher than authorized to replace a blown tire with a new tire (air stem cracked -alarm sounded, moved immediately to the emergency lane and tire blew). Now, I know to call GS and tell them here is my extended warranty company information before they call for Road Service. I paid up front and received a check in 96 hours after my claim was submitted. Now, no upfront cost....if I follow the directions!

Added:
300 watt solar panels with accessories. Installed CW and under the five year warranty and the manufacturing warranty. All batteries receive a 13.2 amp when in the sun. Covered stored parking.
Tire Monitoring System - all six coach tires and four toad tires monitored. Alarms work.
Road Master System with proportional braking - Love it (Cadillac System I was told by the CW mechanic). I feel no weight behind me when I tow my 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport or apply the brakes. Easy system 3 minutes to add my TOAD. (I am told I can use the installed air tank to top off my tires - research required!
Air Lift Air Springs - Installed in the rear springs with wireless remote. A better controlled ride with less coach movement. (I am told I can use the installed pump to top off my tires - research required.
Interior LED Lights - all replaced, exterior this March 2015.
Exterior TV - added a cabinet movable shelf in the Thor Exterior TV cabinet and attached the HDMI TV and 250 watt outdoor stereo.

I provided these additions as I reviewed other RV sites. The experienced RV users suggested these replacements and or additions, if affordable. I respect their guidance, maturity, and most of all their honest and open dialogue as I only have 6,000 miles in a Class A; before that a Pop-Up and that is another story!

I would recommend Thor Daybreak 32HD as they supported their warranty without an issue. My problem was with CW to complete my services in a timely manner. They fired my first CW Customer Support Agent; it took a long time to get my warranty items reported done, I came in and they where not done and I had to wait another six weeks for parts.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum