Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #32
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
It was a 2 hour job but we are back up with Direct-TV and will be watching the Cubs game this evening!

I documented what I found (several photos) once I removed pantry door, bathroom doors, and the actual dryer and outside vent. The Direct-TV controller box was just hanging upside down and plugged into an appliance extension cord, which of course after bouncing down the road for over 3,000 miles finally came unplugged, now there is a shocker! Fine professional workmanship at $125.00 per hour! All that is changed now with box secured to the wall, wires secured and ran correctly, and dryer re-installed.

Don't know if it will do me any good or not, but when we return in August I will be paying a visit to the Ft. Myers CW. I'll have to check my paperwork, but if I recall correctly I was charged at least 3 hours labor for installing the washer/dryer and vent. Since I had to re-install the dryer and vent correctly then I am going to insist on half that labor back. If that store manager refuses then there has to be some type of regional or corporate boss that can be spoken with. If that doesn't work then it will be time to tell the story to one of the RV magazines that print such stories. I guess what upsets me more than anything is that all that electrical wiring mess into an extension cord certainly could have shorted out or caused additional hazards behind a washer and dryer with no way of getting back there. Ft. Myers CW is a joke!

Like I said before Mike, keep an eye on them if you can. Your local CW store may be ran better but I doubt it.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum