Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:09 PM   #11
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Just wondering if you utilized the same kind of clamps that were used by the factory and the Shurflow fittings. We cannot hook up the flexible line directly to the pump because I would have to completely reconstruct the plumbing. Plan on splicing into a length of downstream pipe instead.
You won't or shouldn't need any clamps, the fittings screw on to the pump. The tank will have a connector that goes from the output side of the pump directly to the tank. The silencing kit also screws directly on. Once you start messing with the system you'll see how it goes together. I'm including a picture of my setup, yours will be similar, the difference being I made my own hoses just because I already had the hose and fittings, they are the clear braided hoses in the picture.
There are before and after pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1805.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	5792

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1816.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	5793

In the before picture you can see the screw on fittings on each side of the pump. Since the after picture I also put a thick piece of scrap carpet under the pump and tank for more vibration and noise reduction.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum