Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2024, 11:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
THOR #32034
Unhappy Automatic generator start / inverter not working

We just purchased a 2024 thor tiburon had a review of the rv with a tech @ the dealership but did not cover these items making sure they worked. The battery in the rv is fully charged but the invertor does not work . The invertor button is green press it the green light never goes off but the tv or the designated 2 outlets do not work.

Set the ags to start when batter is below 12.5 the generator will not start.

Have called thor was on the phone for over an hour and the tech could not assist us.

Old 03-09-2024, 11:47 PM   #2

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
We just purchased a 2024 thor tiburon had a review of the rv with a tech @ the dealership but did not cover these items making sure they worked. The battery in the rv is fully charged but the invertor does not work . The invertor button is green press it the green light never goes off but the tv or the designated 2 outlets do not work.

Set the ags to start when batter is below 12.5 the generator will not start.

Have called thor was on the phone for over an hour and the tech could not assist us.
Turn around and go back to the dealer and correct the above highlight. It is criminal if they let you leave without a thorough going over of ALL items... unless you indicated to them that you knew it all.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:17 AM   #3

Model: Tiburon 24FB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #30039
I have the exact same unit with the exact same problem. Please advise if you get it figured out
Old 03-27-2024, 02:41 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xred View Post
I have the exact same unit with the exact same problem. Please advise if you get it figured out
I suspect it may have been something simple and the OP never bothered to come back to relay what it was?

Has it ever worked and stopped?

If you are sure there is no power at the actual inverter receptacles, but the On button for the Inverter is ON.... It could be

1. Blown fuse
2. Can you check the voltage going into the Inverter

If you are not able to do any of the above, I would called the Mfg of the Inverter, they will ensure for you that it is working or defective.

Now lets assume you do have power at the receptacles on the actual inverter but nothing else works. I don't know your coach but some have a electrical cord that is plugged into one of the two available receptacles, my money says that the cord may be unplugged.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:38 AM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
OP was a drive by - never returned to the Forum after posting the question. I would ignore any of his symptoms and just tell us what your symptoms are and what you have.

You do have a 1000 watt inverter. Have you read the manual on it?
Which generator do you have and does it really have an AGS? The Echelon and Quantum got an AGS for 2024 but I don't see that the Tiburon/Delano have one.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 10:21 AM   #6

THOR #30039
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I suspect it may have been something simple and the OP never bothered to come back to relay what it was?

Has it ever worked and stopped?

If you are sure there is no power at the actual inverter receptacles, but the On button for the Inverter is ON.... It could be

1. Blown fuse
2. Can you check the voltage going into the Inverter

If you are not able to do any of the above, I would called the Mfg of the Inverter, they will ensure for you that it is working or defective.

Now lets assume you do have power at the receptacles on the actual inverter but nothing else works. I don't know your coach but some have an electrical cord that is plugged into one of the two available receptacles, my money says that the cord may be unplugged.
I have located the inverter under the fuse panel. I have not checked the 12 volts in or the 120 vac out but I will and I will advise. I saw that it has a white and red heavy gauge wires routed to it and a smaller gauge white and black wires running up to a wire block in the fuse panel compartment. There is a green light illuminated on the inverter. It has a fan at one end of the inverter that was not running. I could not find a fuse associated with the inverter. I did read the manual from Thor and it advised to check a blue breaker in the battery storage area which I did and they (two) did not seem to be tripped. I have a call into Waco for help they have not returned my call yet. I am sure that I do not have power to either of the two outlets identified on schematic when shore power is not connected to the coach. They both are energized when connected to shore power. As far as I know it has never worked.

I am not having any problem with my generator but I have not tested the automatic start.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:29 AM   #7

THOR #30039
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
OP was a drive by - never returned to the Forum after posting the question. I would ignore any of his symptoms and just tell us what your symptoms are and what you have.

You do have a 1000 watt inverter. Have you read the manual on it?
Which generator do you have and does it really have an AGS? The Echelon and Quantum got an AGS for 2024 but I don't see that the Tiburon/Delano have one.
Sorry I am not having the generator problem as far as I know. My generator works fine but the screen on my control panel does have some automatic start options for the generator. Haven’t started to investigate those options yet. I am just learning all the systems and capabilities.

My symptoms are that the inverter when turned on does not supply 120vac to the two outlets identified on the schematic. Please review my reply to the other post for details. Sure appreciate the help and response.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:04 PM   #8

THOR #13058
For clarity, I was referring to the two outlets that are physically part of your converter ( if you have them?) not the receptacles that may be inside to power up devices. Pictures would help for those that do not have your exact coach.

Below is picture of my Inverter. https://www.solarflexion.com/product...xoCcBAQAvD_BwE

If it makes sense, you can confirm the Inverter works without any related to Thor MC just by insuring that you have 12vdc direct from house battery and 120vac in the receptacle direct on inverter. If they work, you have TMC issue.

You say Green light is on. Can you turn it On / Off with no issues.

Assuming you can, sounds like you may have some power but not enough to run the inverter? Some Inverters require a minimum input voltage to operate. Your fan not working is likely the biggest clue.

10 years ago I had a 24 year of GE Fridge that stopped working and I had outside to toss, but I noticed lint like dirt on the bottom so I cleaned it before taking out to the front, the fan was covered so I cleaned it and powered back up but it was just shimmy a little but not run. So $8 later I replaced and that Fridge is back in the Garage working like a charm.

If your fan is out or otherwise not functioning, it is likely under warranty and they will replace the entire inverter.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-27-2024, 12:18 PM   #9

THOR #13058
Also, even though I have two voltmeters in my RV, I keep one of these in the RV at all times.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Receptac...3_8C8-dpYPY6N8

You can plug direct to Inverter to see what it says.

I use my inside the RV plugged into a receptacle that is on my inverter circuit so I can always tell if Generator and/or Inverter Switch is On. Believe it or not, when driving we can't hear the generator, the LED for it is on a wall that you can see safely while driving. It is mostly used to remind me that the Inverter switch may be off while driving, and we need on to power the fridge. In that case the genny is not running. We only use the genny while driving when thermostat call the AGS to start it up so it can supply power to the ACs. Unlike the Fridge, the ACs are not on the Inverter circuit.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:06 AM   #10

THOR #30039
Today I traced the wires to the inverter back to the house batteries and found two 100 amp breakers in an obscure location in the house battery compartment that I had not located before. They were both tripped and after resetting the little yellow arms that had popped out the inverter supplied 110vac to the two receptacles in the coach. Problem (mystery) solved. For the record there are no outlets on my actual inverter. Sure appreciate the help and encouragement/support by you fellows I probably would not have had the determination to find the source of the problem.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:29 AM   #11

THOR #30039
Looked like this but with a blue button

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0816.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	45661
Old 03-28-2024, 01:35 AM   #12

THOR #13058
Quote:
Looked like this but with a blue button

Attachment 45661
Thanks for the follow up. I suspect the same may have happened to the OP.

Just for your knowledge, the way mine is wired one of the two receptacles on the inverter is the source or output for the 120vac for everything inside on the inverter's circuit. I remember once, I unplugged because I was using two devices outside and I forgot to plug the the cord for the inverter circuit and few days later I noticed my inverter was not working inside. Took me a while to realize that I simply had it unplugged from the Inverter