Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #12613
If it is like mine, which never seemed to work, there may be plastic debris in the line running from the water tank to the water pump. They drill holes in the tank when the put in the fittings, but my RV repair guy says they NEVER clean out the debris. Unscrew the fitting from the tank to the in-line water filter. The plastic may be densely packed in the line. I had to use a drill bit by hand to ream it out. There is a clear plastic cap on the in-line water filter. Remove it and clean the filter screen. Then reassemble and give it a try. Once I fixed this it works great.

Agree use only hot water. Set the temp on the thermostat to what is comfortable for you. It takes a bit to come up to temp. When we dry camp we keep a pail in the shower and collect the cold water from the shower head to rinse dishes, rather than watch it go down the drain.

Bet that's the problem!

Compass 23TR.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:59 PM   #22

State: Illinois
THOR #17261
Believe me we have considered doing just that and probably will before too long
Old 06-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #23

State: Florida
THOR #10281
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsguy View Post
have new 2019 miramar. constant hot water is a joke. have tried leaving water pump on as well as hooked up to city water. temp varies as much as 25 degrees. ok in florida but we are headed to colorado. ideas please. ???
The trick is the temperature setting. I have a thor vegas 2018 and had the same problem till a service tech told me to set the temp at 110. Now i get constant warm/hot water for showers dishes etc. The problem is the propane burner for the heater cannot provide constant temps above 110. 10 is still an adequate temp for personal use.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I've watched the temperature levels, and just about everyone settles into the "105 to 110" range.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:29 PM   #25

State: Virginia
THOR #463
Same problem with Pinnacle...I install a 65 psi booster pump at city water hookup if campground pressure is less than 50 psi....works great...
Old 06-13-2020, 10:39 PM   #26

THOR #10281
I agree, temperature is the key. I set mine at 110 and it seems to work fine (also in florida), but 105 would be even better.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:04 PM   #27

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
I'm installing the shower miser now.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:09 AM   #28

Model: Challenger 37FH
THOR #15750
The Judge is 100% correct!! I was just at the Thor repair center and that is exactly what they told me. Thanks Judge for the great advice!
Old 06-23-2020, 02:17 AM   #29

Model: Challenger 37FH
THOR #15750
Just set it like the Judge said. Thor told me the same thing
Old 06-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #30

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Finished the shower miser install took about 5hrs. 30ft of pex pipe 2- 90deg Shark Bite push fittings. Works great when dry camping limits on showers quadruple the number of showers, now camper showers are simple and comfortable.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:54 AM   #31

State: California
THOR #19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRE View Post
If it is like mine, which never seemed to work, there may be plastic debris in the line running from the water tank to the water pump. They drill holes in the tank when the put in the fittings, but my RV repair guy says they NEVER clean out the debris. Unscrew the fitting from the tank to the in-line water filter. The plastic may be densely packed in the line. I had to use a drill bit by hand to ream it out. There is a clear plastic cap on the in-line water filter. Remove it and clean the filter screen. Then reassemble and give it a try. Once I fixed this it works great.

Agree use only hot water. Set the temp on the thermostat to what is comfortable for you. It takes a bit to come up to temp. When we dry camp we keep a pail in the shower and collect the cold water from the shower head to rinse dishes, rather than watch it go down the drain.

Bet that's the problem!

Compass 23TR.
Yes, we had similar problem and finally flushed the lines and we have hot water from any sink, etc.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:21 AM   #32

Model: Tiffin wayfarer 2bw
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #8609
We have a tiffin wayfarer with the Girard. Thought we had all kind of problems And was ready to replace it with something else. But it works good if you use it correctly. Listen to Judge. You can Call this guy at Girard ‘cuse he will tell you if there is a problem. Ricardo, 866-559-1221, 0730-1530 pacific time. He is the expert.