Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2024, 12:14 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #32087
Question Checklist steps for set up and break down Thor Tellaro

I am a new owner of a 2024 Thor Tellaro 20A. I owned a TAB 320 for many years and decided to stop towing and go with a camper van. I always did a checklist for campground set and breakdown which, as a solo traveler, reminded me of steps to follow. I found it extremely helpful. Does someone keep such a checklist for the Tellaro that is willing to share with me?
Janet
MtnRunHer
Asheville, NC

Old 03-19-2024, 05:12 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Vermont
THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnrunher View Post
I am a new owner of a 2024 Thor Tellaro 20A. I owned a TAB 320 for many years and decided to stop towing and go with a camper van. I always did a checklist for campground set and breakdown which, as a solo traveler, reminded me of steps to follow. I found it extremely helpful. Does someone keep such a checklist for the Tellaro that is willing to share with me?
Janet
MtnRunHer
Asheville, NC
My son lives in West Asheville! Too bad he's not versed on my Tellaro... we go there almost every year. Powhatan and Mama Gerties (our fav.) are where we usually end up.

I have the 20L, and had a 20AT, so I would start with this for the 20A for driving checklist- (opposite for camp setup) Do you have the skybunk?
Not in order- (you can re-arrange)

1) propane switch off while driving
2) make sure cassette toilet is emptied
3) secure outer door for grey tank hose- add mailbox latch to keep it closed. Consider inverting the frame, so it hinges at the top, but it can still open and spill out hose which you may run over!

4) Master switch on while driving to charge house batteries, or when needed for 12V operation.

5) Water pump off
6) Truma heater off
7) feel/look for any water on floor= leaks under seats, beds, sink area, etc.

8) check all electrical for tightness. Loose = sparks, arcing faults and fire.

9) Inspect tank fill for constriction inside under bed (mine was nearly closed, at rubber inner wall penetration- had to cut out more to allow water to flow in better)
10) all plumbing swivel fittings should be hand-tight + 1/4 turn, or they may leak if too tight or too loose.

11) skylight may pop open (if equipped) and will need mod to keep closed and tight
12) store ladder for bunkhouse in 'pizza oven' or on wall by fresh tank
13) remove in-house filter (if they are still doing that) back by fresh tank, and use external filter at faucet. Many are not aware of this and it can freeze and break/leak, and is just plain not needed if you filter at faucet.
14) Secure skybunk if equipped.

15) check chassis fluids before trips- oil, AF, brake
16) check chassis battery for charge. The 20A may not have bi-directional charging if it has under-hood generator and lithium batteries. If your chassis battery loses charge in 5-10 days, may need a trickle charger installed on jumper posts under the bonnet. PM me for more info.
17) Tire pressure!! See driver's door sticker for specs.
18) Lithium batteries? Store at 50-60% for periods of 3 months or more. Every 3 mos. charge to 100%, then draw back to 50-60%. Thor says to disconnect both B+ and B- cables. Uh-huh. The batteries are under the chassis! I moved mine up, but for you, find the shunt, and you can disconnect there- PM me for more details. Hard to disconnect the B+.

19) Inspect solar panels to be sure they are installed right- many have had them fly off.
20) download and print/ assemble binder of all pertinent docs, incl full schematics for your 2024 20A. Owners portal at Thor website. Add Truma manual, oven, and microwave too.

I have over 70 mods on my 20L, and know a lot about the 20A layout, so feel free to PM me w/ email for more info if you need, esp. winterizing, or how to use the Truma, which is awesome. My files are too large to post here.

The BMPro also has an internal battery that needs attention for storage- I already replaced my battery, and store inside now- maintain just like the lithium house batteries.
Hope that helps- you'll get used to it fast, esp if you already had a TT, but the TAB was probably better built... spend time inside to get to know where everything is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20L & 20AT.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	45563  
Daily driver: 2021 VW ID4
Mark54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:38 AM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Rvchecklist
A customizable app.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 01:23 AM   #4

Model: Rize 18M
State: Washington
THOR #29407
You might also empty the grey water tank, if a dump location is available. Don’t need the extra weight. Make sure everything inside is locked down or strapped-in, like bathroom, closet and medical cabinet doors.

Enjoy.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:24 AM   #5

Model: Mandalay 40E
State: Ohio
THOR #26962
I use an app on my iPad called Checklist+ To Do Tasks and Lists for all my coach related checklists. It’s in the App Store. I have found this app very easy to use. I built my own lists and have added or deleted items as needed. It’s very easy to do that.

All checklists should have a “flow” designed into them. For example, my Tear Down & Departure checklist starts inside the coach in the bedroom. I work my way forward taking care of the inside items, then go outside to take care of those items.

Here’s portion of my Tear Down & Departure list:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0359.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	45568