Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2024, 04:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Vegas 24.1 RUV
State: Georgia
THOR #32049
Question Vegas Windshield Night Shade

We recently purchased a 2022 used Vegas 24.1 and the front windshield Night Shade does not descend all the way to the deck of the dash. We had toured a new 2024 Vegas 24.1 and we think that the night shade did descend all the way to the deck of the dash when the salesman demo'd the shade. This is the electrically controlled night shade that has a disclaimer not to pull on it. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on this topic?

Old 03-11-2024, 04:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Get the manual if you don't have it and follow the instructions for setting the stops.

Manuals can be downloaded at the Thor Owners Resource website once you create an account with your VIN.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 06:41 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
The front windshield has a set button on the upper left corner(Driver's side) hanging down. Go on You Tube to see how you can adjust it to the upper and lower limits of the front windshield shade. It is an easy thing to do. The set button looks unusual in that it is small and hanging from a piece of wire.

Paul
Old 03-13-2024, 02:15 PM   #4

THOR #32049
Yes, we had noticed an interesting white plastic projection sticking out from the left side/end of the shade roller. Now with further investigation we believe that this is where the button or wire containing the button is supposed to be! Alas! we can look up into this interesting projection and see inside of it that there is some type of connection plug in there....but no button or wire hanging out with a button on it! So now we are pretty sure that there is a missing part! We did find a video on You tube which showed a wire hanging down with a button on the end to use! Many thanks!!! Now will research what part is missing! Perhaps with the dealer &/or with Thor!
Old 03-13-2024, 02:32 PM   #5

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #30073
Are the 2 thin wires there? Any switch would work: normally off; momentary on.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:45 PM   #6

THOR #32049
I have uploaded 2 pictures of the dangle hanging from the L end of the night shade roller. One of the pictures just shows the dangle itself, the other picture shows what appear to be tiny connecters INSIDE of the dangle. We are thinking that there is a second part with connector probes that stick up into this dangle end that likely has the button on it. These pictures are under the Photos Tab in an album with our login name and title of Night shade.

MODE EDIT: Pictures added to post
Old 03-13-2024, 05:09 PM   #7

THOR #32049
Thanks! Yes we do have the Thor Owners Manual and have also looked on line! Also have set up our access to the Owners per our VIN and unfortunately we have had no luck in finding any reference to the night shade in any of these. But MANY Thanks for your response!!
Old 03-13-2024, 05:36 PM   #8

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #30073
Those pictures are nothing like my '18.
Perhaps a call to Thor is in order, or your dealer, if there was one involved.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:04 PM   #9

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
AVegasCamper:

Try contacting MCD Innovations(the shade manufacturer for the windshield shade) at 800 804 1757 3303 North McDonald St, Texas 75071. I believe they are the manufacturer of the shade and may be able to help you replace that button for the electric shade.

Paul
Old 03-16-2024, 06:43 PM   #10

Model: 2024 Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #28777
Adjusting high and low stops on SlowRise shades

My 2024 Axis 24.1 has a SlowRise shade on the windshield. On the far left of the shade, at the top, there should be a wire with a small push button. This is used to make the adjustment you want. This link will take you to Irvine Shade and Door, Inc, the manufacturer of these shades. There is a video that shows how to make the adjustments. You will do it twice. Once with ignition ON which will automatically limit how far down the shade will go while driving, and then with ignition OFF to adjust it down to the top of the dashboard.

I hope this is helpful.
Andy

https://www.irvineshadeanddoor.com/s...-instructions/
Old 03-16-2024, 07:42 PM   #11

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Instructions for a 2018.
I'm not sure of the op unit.
Attached Images

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 09:35 PM   #12

THOR #32049
MANY THANKS to all of you who have so kindly reached out to try to help me!!! This has been an adventure for sure!! I have talked with my dealer and the shade manufacturer: Irvine Shade and Door. The name of their shades is Slow Rise. They manufacture manual and electric shades. I found their contact information online and called them - I spoke with a very pleasant lady who told me that she is shipping out a replacement "button" attachment part to me...WoooHooo!!! So once it gets here hopefully we will be able to make the adjustments in our shade!!! Thanks again!!