Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-26-2021, 05:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Texas
THOR #22628
LCI low voltage and no voltage to on board generator commonality

Interesting problem with, I'm sure, an easy fix.

Problem is, I can't see the forest for the trees at this point.

So last night we pulled into a moochdocking situation (that has 50 amp service - yay for in-the-know friends) and toward the end of my leveling procedure, I got a low voltage warning on my LCI leveler. Could not get it to clear. As we were at this point late in the night (and level enough for government work) I decided to troubleshoot in the AM.

So today in an effort to half-split the problem, I attempted to start the onboard generator to see if that might clear the issue. Come to find out, the generator won't turn at all, which leads me to belive that it, too is without power.

Went to grab the voltmeter and ugh.... it must have gotten wet recently because the battery compartment is corroded beyond repair. Running out to get another, now. But I want to see f anyone here might have an incling as to where I should focus my attention when I get back.

BTW, while I don't have a voltage indicator for the engine battery, I *assume* it to be good as the motor turns over easily.

Thanks in advance for helping me slueth this out! I wanna be back to firearms and crossbows ASAP! Lol...

BTW, I'm in a 2017 Thor Hurricane 34F

Old 11-26-2021, 06:23 PM   #2

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
My guess would be one of the 100A re-settable circuit breakers opened. Find them usually near the house battery bank, in the electrical aisle. It could have a yellow or red 'flag' on it that needs to be reset. Anything else 12VDC that does not work? (Hint: unplug the shore cable to find out)

Batteries in any electronic gizmo that will sit for an extended period of time should have their batteries removed... or they leak.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:21 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Texas
THOR #22628
Boom!

That was it; tripped 100A breaker.

Thanks for your help! And for the reminder to remove those damn batteries, lol...
Old 11-26-2021, 07:28 PM   #4

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471

That was easy!

BTW - Happy Hunting!