Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 01:44 AM   #28
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
We have a full wall slide and like it a lot although time will tell, I’m sure. We heard all of the sales pitches and on thinking about it decided there were a couple of positives. One is that we only have ONE slide which means fewer of them to fail. To get the same utility we’d otherwise need two or even three slides. Two is that the slide doesn’t extend as far. My previous machine had a bedroom slide that extended about 30 inches. This one only extends about 18. I presume the physics get more complicated with a longer extension. Third, they’ve been making full wall slides for a while now and, hopefully, have got the hang of it. Love the clean open feel it gives the coach. As I said, time will tell.
We were brand new to slides all together! I read and read comments about them. We decided to just throw caution to the wind and buy the floor plan we like regardless. The full wall slide on our Quantum WS31 has been working great. If we are at a campsite with power I retract while still plugged in. Not much sense in unplugging, then retracting. We really like the space gained with the slide.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum