Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #18
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
We sent Thor a similar letter, expressing our disappointment in our 2017 Axis 25.5 that we bought new in August last year. We cited the fact that over the years we've owned a class C Winnebago, a class B+ PleasureWay and 4 or 5 travel trailers. By far, our Winnebago Aspect class C was the best and, by far, this current Thor Axis has been the worst. And, getting warranty service from our crappy dealer, America Choice RV of Ocala, FL, only aggrivates the problems because they routinely fail to return calls, lie when they do return calls and do the absolute minimum with the few repairs they have made. After keeping our unit for nearly 3 weeks, when the coach battery charger/inverter unit went bad, 3 days after we took delivery of the unit, they tried to return it to us with the coach batteries still burned up from severe over-charging and were reluctant to provide us 2 new batteries until I raised hell and told them we weren't leaving without new batteries. At this writing, I'm still waiting for a call back from these jerks, to schedule another warranty repair visit because our dash A/C now isn't working...I first left a message for their so called service dept. to call me to schedule an appointment on Tuesday of last week and have left several additional requests since then...you never seem to be able to talk with a human...Again, totally unacceptable and crappy dealer service.
In response to our letter, we did get a phone call from someone at Thor, acknowledging our letter and assuring us that they'd repair anything necessary...hard to do when you can't get an appointment with your dealer. We also received a form letter, assuring us that Thor was building the best RV's in the industry...yea right!
We get a lot of interest and inquiries about our unit at campgrounds and when stopped on the road. We tell everyone who will listen to look elsewhere other than anything made by Thor.
You know? Maybe it's a good idea to I- phone the walk around and if there is a problem, state you want it fixed before, I MEAN BEFORE WE ACCEPT IT and they get the check. Might also use the I-phone so they can explain how the myriad of everything works... and you sign off if you understand how it does. You can keep the chip for future reference.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum