Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
bharrisv65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Ready to begin towing!

Okay, PLEASE don't rant on me to search about this, I have searched and read a ton of the posts but have a few specific questions not answered.

I was thinking of buying something similar to a Ford Fusion, etc. to flat tow (around 3,500 lbs.) but I have a 2014 F150 4X4 supercab that I rarely drive anymore which would be great for towing. I'm just concerned about the weight of the truck, around 5,000+ lbs. and the performance of the V10 in the MH. I have a 2018 Challenger 37YT which weighs 24,000 lbs. I'm not concerned about gas mileage but would like to see what someone is getting towing similar weight. I'd also like to know how the MH handles the steeper grades, both up and down, as we're planning a lot of west ward travel this summer. I'm also considering the truck because I could carry additional cargo in the bed such as a mobility scooter for my wife which weighs about 250 lbs. (the scooter, not the wife!) or an electric golf cart weighing about 550 lbs. I've ordered an RVI3 brake controller and adding the TPS system with it. I'm going to go with the Blue Ox tow bar and baseplate, just waiting until after I settle on what I'm going to tow. I'm going to weigh the truck and MH separately beforehand to get more exact weights loaded as they are right now.

Just seeking advice, experiences, etc. with the above mentioned details. MPG, performance, any issues or problems towing with truck loaded, etc. Thanks and stay safe!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum