Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 09:24 PM   #27
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
I missed any slamming. A gentleman asked a question and deserves to hear what everyone does.

I run the cheap generator mainly to extend life of the more expensive internal unit. I depend on a generator for a/c, air compressor, battery charger and coffee. The champion is rated 4000 surge/3500 running and works fine. My unit is at track a minimum of twice a month. In warm weather I run internal to keep coach cool on road so it get exercised plenty. My unit is a 2016 and has over 300 hours on the Onan. The cheap generator probably upwards of 1,200 hours on it. My property is deep and if I need ac power in back of property, I crank the cheap unit. It also saw service during hurricane season.

For watching TV and bluray/video games I mounted a 700 Watt inverter that allows me/family to watch when generators off in cool weather.

I may sound cheap but running excess capacity seems like a waste. I also feel it makes sense to match resources. I also like to keep as many options/combinations possible and carry a full spare.

I have never run at Commerce track, only SGMP, Carolina and Darlington in that area. Genturi for exhaust is great idea, I have one but have not needed at tracks I run yet. We like to park away from crowded areas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum