Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #38
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post

.....cut.....
Having a portable available is comforting. Also, I am of the same mindset as Muggs...why run a 6000W diesel for the times a portable, throw away gas unit would be smarter and more economical.
I have to side with your wife on this one. You bought a nice motorhome which includes a nice generator, so why not use it as intended? If not now, when?

Sure, it’s going to see wear, but so is everything else on the RV. If you wanted to be “economical”, a used cheap motorhome with a built-in “throw away” generator may have been a wiser choice.

The save-for-later mindset reminds me of my parents’ first new car a long time ago. They had the nice fabric seats covered so they would stay clean and not wear. When they sold the car after 10 years or so, they removed the plastic covers and the seats were like new. I’m certain the next owner enjoyed them a lot more.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum