Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #3127
Maxjr758

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
Straps from Amazon and cables from e-trailer. Cables are plastic coated and usually used with some baseplates. Plastic coating prevents wheel damage

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...x/BX88208.html
Thanks for the tip, may have saved the day on towing our Edge.
I was thinking of removing a couple of the covers to look for someplace to hang a cable, or chain through a hatch I would cut in the covers.
I tried to put the cable around the A arm but couldn't get it through, as I could barely reach it laying on the ground, and the fact that I was having excruciating back pain(ended up turning around coming back home after 60 miles of almost sicking pain at each bump).
I think with the cable setup I can do it all standing, as I can attach the chains to the dolly before loading, the then run the hook end through the cable eyes, and hook it back to itself.
Thanks again!
I'll post pics of my setup, when I can. Trying to rest the back, I have ongoing issues with back and neck from my 10 years in the World's Greatest Navy! 100% Disabled,but by the Grace of God still able to RV! Traded my F350 & 5th wheel for a Class A .
Ok I'll stop talking now ! Lol

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum