Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:11 PM   #3257
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat View Post
Thor 293: I’m new to this RVing thing and trying to do some modifications on our 17 ACE 30.4. If you don’t mind, I would like to get some additional information on your insulation project.
Does your house AC have rectangular ducts going to the vents? Although I haven’t gotten into mine, I was under the impression they used flex-duct from the house AC to the vents. And, when you said you were going to insulate the cap, do you mean the “brow” in the cab? I apologize for the newbie questions but inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks Steamboat
No they do not use flex duct, when the roof is made they rout out the AC tunnels in the styrofoam to make ducts or they lay them up with strips of stryofoam. I included a pic from their brochure, although they show they put aluminum ducts in none of mine are, they are just cut out. Simply take the 4 screws out of one of your rounds ducts and look at the cavity and you will get a pretty clear picture. There is no need for the duct to go past that last duct behind the drivers seat. No you could add an additional duct above the drivers seat by cutting it in and then blocking the duct from going into the cap there.

Remember, the pictures I posted previously rotated on upload so turn your screen to get a better feel for it. The very last picture is looking down the bedroom duct towards the rear cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 5.08.22 PM.png
Views:	114
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	11278  
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum